Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    HOLY CRAP IN A HAT!

Just when you think this show has hit perfection, it gets better! I literally jumped out of my chair a few times at the sheer awesomeness of this episode. (And, yes, I know the difference between "literally" and "figuratively.") Everything is coming to a head finally, with the intrigue between Destro and Mindbender and Baroness and Cobra Commander.

This week's cameo/new character, who I expect is going to be a regular, was so freakin' sweet that I cannot put into words how awesome it was. I don't want to fully spoil it, but I actually thought it was a tad silly until another character said the name, and everything fell into place in an homage that worked on more than one level.

If you're not watching this, I have to weep at how there is a Renegades-shaped void in your life that you don't even realize needs to be filled.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yes, The Hub is definitely pushing Prime ahead of Renegades, and I don't think there's any specific reason, except that Renegades already launched while Prime has been in a 2-month holding pattern since the premiere 5 episodes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Our question for the TF Prime production has been answered, by none other than Duane Capizzi (The Batman, Jackie Chan Adventures, Big Guy & Rusty, Darkwing Duck, MIB the cartoon, and more)...

http://www.actionfigs.com/content.ph...-Producers-Q-A

This would have been posted sooner, but there was a mixup in sending us the wrong answer initially, luckily it was caught and quickly corrected.

--

On a personal response to this, he says that the humor isn't deriving from "antics" but from "character", yet Miko is all antics, that's what her character is. Kinda reminds me of another of Mr. Capizzi's series' characters, Jade from Jackie Chan Adventures, except even more frenetic and ADD.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hate Firefly's voice, but that doesn't surprise me. Good quality vocal direction and talent haven't exactly been the hallmarks of the Hub series. I wonder what would happen under the guidance of Andrea Romano.

I'm going to go out on a limb and wager we had a casualty tonight. If not, well, it'd be a bit much to have three hideously-scarred fellows get their scars in what amounts to the first few months of the team.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Tunnel Rat quoting The Princess Bride tonight made this show a thousand times more awesome than it already was.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I didn't like the Jim Jones-ish twins or the new Crimson Guards. Would revising Extensive Enterprises have been so difficult?

It did remind me an awful lot of the third story arc of the new IDW Cobra series ("Serpent's Coil"), only with the Twins instead of Serpentor.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I never expected this series to place so much emphasis on the facial scarification of its characters. Add Zartan to the growing list...

True. But, really, dude, did you expect to go from "fairly generic biker thug who likes to imitate voices" Zartan to "more badarse version of the classic character, right down to the hood and facial markings" Zartan in less than 30 minutes? Plus Wild Bill and Heavy Duty? I seriously came close to crapping my pants more than once during this episode.
    Tommy, close your eyes.