I Go To Bed Earlier And Earlier In The Fall

I don't like the cold.

I don't like it when it gets darker earlier here.

The paper said it could drop into the 50's overnight.

I'm a Californian. I KNOW I wouldn't like it in dark, cold Alaska!

I have lived (almost 3 years) in Illinois - so I've been in colder winters. I just wouldn't choose to live there, especially when I don't like it when California gets colder.

So I'm going to bed earlier.

Old people do this.

I don't want to become an old person, either.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I also am a born-in-the-midwest person, but raised here in SoCal for all but the first four years of living. I've always been a morning person, too, with my current job having the LATEST start time (7:30am) of any job (others began by: 5:00, 6:30, 7:00) and usually taking morning college courses.

That said, I try to go to bed early (by 9:00) as often as possible, only staying up if I'm workign on something, want to watch something live on TV late, or too worried/depressed/stressed/confused/tired to go to my bed.

And, I seem to always have been an old person. Why in my day...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

You can say it's getting old but I call it responsible. I have to wake up for work from anywhere between 4:15 to 5:30 so I'm usually in bed before 9pm otherwise I'm miserable the next day.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

OK, I'm the exception about the dark. I spent 16 years on the graveyard shift until the bloodbath last year of having half of my unit laid off. Now I work swing shift and like this time of year in that it is getting dark earlier.

However, being a native californio, I'm in agreement about the cold...not my fave. However, my work this time of year will take me into our part of the local Southern Sierra mountains where night time temps can get to single digits on occasion.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I hate that it gets dark earlier too. Its generally not fun looking for addresses as your driving down the street, reduced safety and all that. But looking for a street or a house in the dark! Hate it, its always the street or house you just passed.

Throughout the winter and spring I find myself checking the weather on line, looking at the sunrise / sunset times. I'm usually done by 6, so I don't mind when its dark after that.
    One thing that I think is sorta pretty is when the lights on the billboards on the hi-way are about the same brightness as the darkening skies. More so when the color of the billboard is about the same color of the sky.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

not a fan of the cold either... lived in jersey most of my life so I know how bitter it can get.

it's already in the high 30's and low 40's and we had our first flurry of snow on Thanksgiving moring... it's going to be a long cold winter i can feel it already... better order the firewood soon !
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

What time about does the sun set in your neck of the woods Tycho? Here in NE Wisconsin (think Green Bay) its getting towards 4:30 and its dark out which sucks big time.

Yeah. It's about 5pm I think. We get a little extra sunlight on the coast.

Because the earth is flat, and it takes a little longer for the sun to fall off the edge of it every day...

I came to my conclusion because Star Wars characters are from outer space.

They are made in China, who's coast we can't see from California.

So the Chinese must be off the edge of the earth.

You might then conclude that the Chinese are also from outer space.

I do not yet have evidence of that, but the North Koreans are definitely in that category.

Isn't that lending towards the proof?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I hate that it's getting dark so early. The other day I was heading off to work, and the sun was just beginning to light up the early morning sky. When I got off of work, the sun had lready dropped out of sight, and the only thing that remained was the last few rays before the dark night sky took over.

Today I got out of work, and I raced home to try to change the bulb on our front lawn light, but it was to dark to see how to open the light up. Had to get the flashlight out, and it wasn't even 5 pm yet.

The cold, I am used to, though when it initially hits, it isn't welcome.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    I hate that it's getting dark so early. The other day I was heading off to work, and the sun was just beginning to light up the early morning sky. When I got off of work, the sun had lready dropped out of sight, and the only thing that remained was the last few rays before the dark night sky took over.
    Yeah I know that feeling BF! That sucks big time.