Lord Vader, your crotch is ruined

First off I know this sounds ridiculous but it is the actual dilemma I now face so please bear with me.

So my OTC Vader has been "stored" for a while and I had left him in a seated position accidentally and now his darn crotch-protector-panel-thing is sticking out straight perpendicular to the damn figure and, as you could imagine, is looking pretty ridiculous.

I have put a lot of pressure on his groin with my finger several times and it won't go back down to the proper "resting" position. It is pretty obvious that there is now way to avoid this if you actually play with your figures a lot like I tend to, and that the design and materials are at fault.

I have 2 questions- A- anyone have this happen and fix it somehow??
    And B- is there another Skyw.... Vader figure, past or present, that is not POTFII style ridiculous yet is designed and made in such a way that this problem wouldn't.... well, Arise??
    Thanks for any hep in advance, I swear I am not joking
    Iso&Baws&Topes

It is neither a gun in his pocket, nor is he happy to see me
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudonicus View Post
    I have put a lot of pressure on his groin with my finger several times and it won't go back down to the proper "resting" position. It is pretty obvious that there is now way to avoid this if you actually play with your figures a lot like I tend to, and that the design and materials are at fault.
    I'd think if you stop putting "pressure" on his groin it'd go back to normal. HAY!!!
    It is neither a gun in his pocket, nor is he happy to see me
    Really even with the 'groin pressure?'

Thanks SSGer's I'll be here all night!

First, you should probably try telling Vader that if it stays up more than an hour on that medication, he really should go see a doctor.

Second, try hot water. It tends to make the softer plastics easier to re-shape back to their normal form. Not sure what effect it will have on the hard plastic of the figure though.

The newest vader with the three stage helmet does not have the crotch flap, but still looks great. He should also be fairly easy to find at the moment in the vintage line.

I was also going to suggest hot water.... I use this method all the time, and it really works miracles. Boil it up, leave to stand for a half a minute (I don't think you have to do this, but I do, just in case), then dunk your figure - it usually only takes a few seconds for the plastic to restore to the factory shape.... or it will allow you to reshape it, then dunk it in cold water to "set" it. So far I've only had great results from this, no discolouring or damage to the plastic or paint.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Boner jokes aside, yes, there have been quite a few recent Vaders without the separate crotch piece. Most of them are based on the 2005 Evolutions mold, and include the current Vintage Collection version (and the first variation of the 2010 Saga Legends release, but not the second, which I think has the crotch flap). So the Vintage is your best bet aside from the boiling stuff.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Thanks folks, that pretty much covers all of the angles, looks like Vader is taking hot baths until I find the "current" one. I don't want to have to "fix" him every time he sits down for 10 minutes.
    Iso&Baws&Topes
    And I said I'd never need another Vader

And now, thanks to your help, VOTC Vader will be permanently seated and no longer requires scalding water on his junque. Oddly I only saw the Saga Legends version with the flap since starting this topic, but today while getting groceries I made my regular last stop in the toy section and found the "new vintage" one with the 3-piece helmet. The helmet is an extra bonus, since in the FU Vader goes to the bar and a lot of crazy parties and will often find himself losing the outermost part of his headgear due to lampshade-related shenanigans.
    Thanks again for your guidance!!
    Iso&Baws&Topes
    Oyes he is a damn fine figure overall