Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

POTJ Jedi Knight Obi-Wan question

I don't know what it's actually called, but it's the Obi-Wan with the plastic robe and Qui Gonn's lightsaber. My question is, what kind of articulation does he have? I was planning on using him for a custon Anakin, but I thought I'd ask before buying him and being disappointed.

I THINK you are talking about the Ep1 Obi-Wan(Naboo) No?..I never found the figure so I couldnt tell you.It came with two lightsabers right?A ignited and unignited one if I believe.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Re: POTJ Jedi Knight Obi-Wan question

Originally posted by BlahBlahBlah
    I don't know what it's actually called, but it's the Obi-Wan with the plastic robe and Qui Gonn's lightsaber. My question is, what kind of articulation does he have? I was planning on using him for a custon Anakin, but I thought I'd ask before buying him and being disappointed.
    First of all, he has the standard 6 points of articulation. Head, waist, arms, and legs. In addition it has pivot joints at the elbows. It's a pretty good figure, other then the crappy plastic cloak, aka choco shell.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

And he's best used for a "Qui-Gon Funeral" diorama cause he doesn't hold his lightsaber all that great. so he mostly looks best with Mace & Adi with their cloaks on.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Wink He's asking about the POTJ... NOT E1... Miss Insanity

Okay... I think he is referring to the one we so lovingly refer to as ChocObi-Wan. I think LTBasker is talking about the same one. He has articulation at the shoulders, elbows, neck, legs and MAYBE the waist if I remember correctly. That's IT. There was no wrist articulation on this one, which made it even MORE useless. This one was TERRIBLE!!! It was a complete waste of plastic and I did not buy it.
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 03-03-2002 at 05:24 PM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: He's asking about the POTJ... NOT E1...

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    Okay... I think he is referring to the one we so lovingly refer to as ChocObi-Wan. I think LTBasker is talking about the same one. He has articulation at the shoulders, neck, legs and MAYBE the waist if I remember correctly. That's IT. This one was TERRIBLE!!! It was a complete waste of plastic and I did not buy it.
    Well, that's not IT. I did buy it, and opened it. As I said above, it also has articulation joints just above the elbows, similar to the ones on the Imperial Officer. Sure the robe is cheesy, but it's not a bad figure. A tad redundant after the Jedi Duel Obi-Wan, but if you put one of those clear bands around the cloak to keep it closed it doesn't look quite as bad. It's a good figure as LTbasker said for a "Qui-Gon's Funeral Diorama".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Chocobi-Wan is actually "Obi-Wan (Jedi)" and is the worst figure in the line, IMO. The added elbow articulation is VERY gappy and obvious, and the reason it's there isn't to let the figure hold the saber in both hands, it's to let the robe close properly. However, thanks to the design being poor where the hands meet and the use of the Jedi Duel E1 Obi-Wan head with the giant plastic padawan braid, the robe can't properly close anyway so that is a total bust. Besides the nasty arms, the figure is nearly identical to E1 Jedi Duel Obi-Wan -- with a poor likeness in the face, the aforementioned fat plastic padawan braid, the hard plastic lower "skirt", and the slightly odd leg pose. Then there's the issue of the robe, which besides not closing properly, also is too tall, so there's too much room between Obi-Wan's head and the top of the hood - it looks yucko. When you compare this figure to the previous E1 Obi-Wan (Obi-Wan Jedi Knight aka Soft Goods Obi-Wan), it's hard to understand why Hasbro went so wrong. Soft Goods Obi-Wan had a better likeness, a "real hair" braid that would have fit under the robe better, and a better all-around costume sculpt.

As for use as a custom anakin, Chocobi-Wan is the wrong body type (too stocky), has a pudgy face, and a sorta big nose. I think this figure would be all wrong for an Ep 2 Anakin unless you made SEVERE changes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree, after Jedi Duel Obi-Wan, Naboo Obi-Wan, Soft Goods Obi-Wan....we got this and at the same time we got the great Dejarik Champion Chewie, Security Droid, Mas Amedda, and Coruscant Guard figures.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Thanks guys!

Guess I'll have to go to plan B: Regrouping and coming up with plan C.

Just use JD Obi-Wan, you can find'em on the net for cheap.