Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School

School

Well, my classes start today, so I will be pretty busy over the next 2 months while I finish the FIVE, yes FIVE classes I signed up for this term.

Well, four are online classes (self-paced) the last one is a micro term 3 weeks long.

I am taking:

American History II
    U.S. Government II
    Introduction to Computing
    Contemporary Math

and

Interpersonal Communications

I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew.
    May the force be with you.

Good luck. I'm lucky enough to do a distance education program where I have two semesters to finish my classes. Thought I was going to finish in one, but no such luck. I'd rather take longer and get better grades to be honest though.

In January I'll be taking :

Nonprofit Organizational Management
    Classical Mythology
    Sociology
    Social Inequality

I'm trying to get all these stupid requirements out of the way before I get into my sciences. Why do I need nonprofit management? I'll never know.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Contemporary Math
    I had a Contemporary Math class once.
    It was easily the worst class I've ever had. There was little (almost no) math involved. It was all problem solving (not story problems).
    And I failed with 58%. I was so close. The teacher knew I was trying really hard and it wouldn't have killed her to let me slide and knock it up 2% just to get past it.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

If you'd put out, you would've gotten the passing grade. That's how I passed Spanish, and I still don't know how to say "I am the lemon merchant" in Spanish.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So what's "Contemporary Math" anyways? As far as I know, 2 + 2 has always equaled 5, has that changed recently and someone just forgot to tell me?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm in day two of Death Investigation class. The subject matter is still the same...just case law has changed.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    If you'd put out, you would've gotten the passing grade. That's how I passed Spanish, and I still don't know how to say "I am the lemon merchant" in Spanish.
    En ingles es, "Soy el venador de limon."

Two classes of final exams over and done (but nowhere near graded yet), with three more to go this short week. But since I'm running (not taking) these classes, perhaps I am ineligible to post here in this'n thread.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Just finished my 1st semester under the Post 9/11 GI Bill. I'm still working 30 hours a week, but going to school full time to finish my Civil Engineering degree. I took 5 classes (14 hours) and it looks like I'm getting all "A"s. Next semester I'm taking 12 hours: Calculus 3, Physics 2, Statics, and Civil Engineering Management. The last time I took Calc & Physics was 1998, so I'm a little worried. Four people I know assured me Calc 3 is easier than Calc 2.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue II View Post
    Four people I know assured me Calc 3 is easier than Calc 2.
    I think it really depends on your teacher. A bad teacher can make an easy class hellacious. If I remember Calc 3 should cover multidimensional derivatives and integrals, calculus in non-Cartesian coordinate systems, and vector calculus.

I was just think it's been 5 years since I had my last class, General Relativity I. In some ways I really miss have class. There's real structure it provides to life. But I gotten to the point where tests are just way to stressful for me. I had some problems with test anxiety as an undergrad (it's related to my dyslexia). They didn't get bad until after my comprehensive exam for grad school. Fortunately that was near the end of my course work.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane