Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Malory - I couldn't figure out who you were talking about for a while, then it dawned on me that you were using a homophone. That was a saucy comment, I almost suspect that one was aimed more at the show's creator who voices that character.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No, I had a brain fart and meant Malory but it came out Valerie.

The guy who voices Archer was on a ep of Suburgatory this season. He played Dallas' life coach. He's a short little dude.

I love the crude stereotyping jokes on this show. If there weren't truth to them, they wouldn't be funny.

(not all people of certain categories fit stereotypes - but some that do make memorable impressions)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    No, I had a brain fart and meant Malory but it came out Valerie.
    Ah, ok, that's still a homophone.

The guy who voices Archer was on a ep of Suburgatory this season. He played Dallas' life coach. He's a short little dude.
    His name is H. Jon Benjamin, and he's been a staple of not-exactly-indie animated comedy since Dr Katz, Professional Therapist. For a little bit about a year ago he had his own non-animated show on Comedy Central called "Jon Benjamin has a Van" that they shot around this neighborhood. It's always odd to see him pop up in sitcoms, he also came out of the woodwork for Parks & Rec, of all odd things, and he's the voice of Carl the minimart clerk on Family Guy (which got him a gig on the Family Guy SW specials as Yoda).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I checked out imdb.com to see what the actress who voices Pam looks like, and she's a little hottie!

Man, last week's ep was too funny. Clueless Archer and Timothy Olyphant doing the guest voice were great. Got a lot of great laughs out of that one.

Amber Nash, who voices Pam, has a very mixed set of Google Images results, some photos she's cute, others she's dowdy and frumpy - oddly those are the red carpet photos mainly that her looks don't work for me.

Timothy Olyphant, I wondered if they pitched his voice up to sound a little different, it was quite a different performance from Raylan Givens on Justified. The very last scene in the car, where even Lana is in stunned silence with that look of pity and horror on her face for Archer learning he was touched in a very special way, that was a killer. I don't think they've ever used silence more effectively.

I agree at that silence moment. In fact, I can't really remember a film or 'toon where silence was used that well.

The length of the silent beat was extensive, too. So you really got the point of it (pun intended, haha).

That's sick but finally we have something to really justify Archer's alcoholism. I think I needed a drink from just thinking about that - and they're cartoon characters!

Of course, what's her name? Mallory? The rich little office clerk with her ocelot? If she were real, I'd go for that!

But last season, Archer did Pam! LOL

It was great hearing Timothy Olyphant's voice. I didn't know it was him until I read the credits and then I went back and watched the episode. "Your Mom! Doh!" I totally heard his voice then. I bet he had a ton of laughs doing that show.

Thinking of FX actors, they should cast Katey Segal (formerly of Married With Children - Peggy - but now Gemma from Sons of Anarchy). She has a distinct voice. Ron Pearlman (Clay Morrow) maybe.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Very Cool! Archer's getting a full line of collectibles and action figures. Can't wait for Toy Fair.
    Factory Entertainment, Inc announced today that it has entered into a multi-year licensing agreement with FX Networks to produce a line of collectibles from its hit animated award-winning comedy series, Archer. Featuring the exploits of ISIS (International Secret Intelligence Service) agent Sterling Archer, voiced by Emmy nominee H. Jon Benjamin, Archer is hilarious adult animation at its best. The fourth season of the show, which premiered on January 17th, delivered stellar ratings and will run on Thursdays at 10pm e/p for 13 weeks on FX.

Factory Entertainment will be offering a wide variety of Archer products across several categories including:

- Collector Plush including: Sterling Archer, Lana Kane, Baby Seamus and Pam Poovey’s Dolphin Puppet.

- Shakems Premium Motion Statues – Factory Entertainment’s line of highly detailed, desktop-scaled polystone statues featuring a dynamic motion element and authentic character dialogue including: Lana Kane & Sterling Archer.

- Action Figures – Detailed collector-oriented action figures starting with Sterling Archer himself!

These and a number of other products are currently in development with a planned release starting in the spring of 2013. Initial prototypes will be unveiled in the Factory Entertainment Booth (#4979) at New York Toy Fair in February.

“We are big fans of the show and so a line of Archer licensed merchandise was a natural fit for us” said Jordan Schwartz, President and CEO of Factory Entertainment. “Its brilliant, edgy humor offers a rich resource of appealing and amusing product ideas” Schwartz continued, “we think Archer fans will be really pleased with what they see!”
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

naked Pam action figure with KY jelly!

Funny thing, I've not heard of Factory Entertainment Inc before, but I've certainly seen their products, mostly at Comic-Con obviously. Unfortunately, when these companies who don't do action figures as their primary lines get licenses like these, they often aren't able to do right by them - usually in price, QC, and distribution - so the line folds before it completes the core cast. With that in mind, I'll be hesitant to jump in with both feet but I'll certainly keep them in mind. Unless they're MEGO style, I'm getting a touch tired of that.