Thread: Wooof Variant

Wooof Variant

I was at Target and came across a Wooof Variant. I almost did not pick it up but I googled Ebay and other sources on my IPHONE and did not see any other news of it. So I went back I picked it up. Has anyone else found this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woof.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	23939  

Quote Originally Posted by Veers View Post
    I was at Target and came across a Wooof Variant. I almost did not pick it up but I googled Ebay and other sources on my IPHONE and did not see any other news of it. So I went back I picked it up. Has anyone else found this?
    It's pretty clearly a repack. Someone bought the Wooof figure, then carefully replaced it with the 1999 Klaatu Skiff Guard figure. It's a scam that's been going on for years now. You should return it to the store and get your money back.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

This has been happening everywhere. Can't fool the informed, but not the casual shopper.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Damn they're getting good at it. How in the heck... backside, carefully unglue the bubble?

Like you said Big B, looks like it's from the POTF2 Skiff Guards 3-pack.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Some people do this to get a new figure.

I'm surprised they actually managed to put the "same" figure back in the bubble. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Weequay from the POTF2 line in the Wooof package.

That is really clever. I examined the package closely and it looks like it was resealed. Oh well, I will just open this figure. I like the skiff outfit version of Wooof better.

That is really clever. I examined the package closely and it looks like it was resealed. Oh well, I will just open this figure. I like the skiff outfit version of Wooof better.
    Okay, slipping my geek hat on for a second, the 2010 Wooof figure and the 1999 "Klaatu Skiff Guard" figure are not intended to be the same character wearing different outfits. Their are both of the same species, which used to be called Klaatu, but now is called Green Nikto for some idiotic reason; but they were always intended to be separate individuals.

Wooof is the vintage "Klaatu" figure and the vintage "Klaatu Skiff Guard" figure is now named Yotts Oren. Both were visible inside Jabba's Palace and the Sail Barge simultaneously. In fact, you can see the two Klaatus standing side by side in this screenshot, as they help lead Luke, Han and Chewie out to be fed to the Sarlacc:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wooof-palace-3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	23940  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis