This was one of the advertising lines, like "batteries not included," "prices may vary," or "side effects may include..." that turned into a joke. I am not laughing, though. Here is a list of products I (or other members of my family) used to show brand loyalty to, that have either been made "better" or eliminated completely in favor of a "new" version:
- Stain Stick spot remover (hard to find, apparently still being made)
- Baggies non-zip plastic storage bags (what if I don't need it to seal, or that seal stripe gets in the way?)
- Wisk "regular" detergent (it went away for a time, and now is back and "better" than ever?)
- Avon face cleanser (no "better" version so far, and I already have to settle for an "improved" one years back)
- Pantene shampoo for graying hair (no people that fit THAT demongraphic, eh?)
- Hershey's Special Dark flavor chocolate syrup (I see it mainly on discount shelves and buy up as many as I see)
- Chocolate Chewy Chocolate Chip Chips Ahoy (can't find anywhere)
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls (now with less-tasty Cinnabon cinnamon)
It's this last one that was the vacuum-sealed tube that broke the consumer's back. If I wanted Cinnabon, I'd buy theirs. I may have to compose a "well-written letter" and channel my inner Sio Bibble old geezer. It seems whatever product I prefer gets changed far too often, or is the least popular and goes bye-bye from the shelves.
Anyone else want to rant, or am I the only fist-shaking, porch-yelling, git-offa-my-lawn one willing to get out of my chair, stick my head out the window, and yell, I'm as :hell: and I'm not going to :take: it anymore?