Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True Grit

True Grit

Forget Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy...this is the one to catch...even if you're not into westerns. It's the Coen Bros. for pete's sake. The girl that plays Mattie Ross is a revelation.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I enjoyed the film, but think the original is still better. That girl was VERY good. If she's not up for an Oscar I'll be surprised. Damon was great and the dynamics between the three actors was terrific.

I thought Jeff was a little too hard to understand (I sound like an old man) and I think the Brothers fair better with a hint of nihilism in their films (aka No Country, Fargo, etc.).
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

This movie was awesome! As a writer in this genre (my first book) I love having proof that the (post) Civil War / Western era still works.

It was very well done, and a nice use of snakes.

I took a lesson from Star Wars (Dewbacks, Banthas, TaunTauns, Wampas) and put a lot of natural dangers into my own work (alligators, mountain lions, vultures, and snakes).

As I ride myself, the horses they chose for Jeff Bridges and the girl playing Matti were perfect! It brought a tear to my eye when Little Blackie dies. (Not a major spoiler, btw). Funny how she chose the name.

Chaney reminded me of Johnny Ringo in Tombstone. A brief but good performance, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    ... I think the Brothers fair better with a hint of nihilism in their films (aka No Country, Fargo, etc.).
    Don't forget the nililists in The Big Lewbowski.

I usually prefer the old-fashioned grits, but they're tough to find out here. The Quaker and Albers quick grits are the closest I can get to true grits, but they suffice quite nicely.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I usually prefer the old-fashioned grits, but they're tough to find out here. The Quaker and Albers quick grits are the closest I can get to true grits, but they suffice quite nicely.
    Someone named "Flo" called for you. She wanted me to give you this link.
    I am the modern man.

True Grit

I just watch this movie really horror drama. I like horror movies and it is one of my best movie.

I hate getting grit in my fingernails but my all time WORST place for grit is when you happen to chomp down on that random piece of sand in your teeth.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I had to grit the tiles in the bathroom once.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

If you are going to buy sandpaper, make sure you know what grit you need.

Quick chart - Sandpaper
    30 grit, 60 grit, 80 grit - extremely coarse
    100 grit, 120 grit, 180 grit - recommended for general purpose, drywall patches, furniture re-finishing
    220 grit, 240 grit, 320 grit - recommended for general purpose, furniture
    400 grit, 600 grit - recommended for fine finishing, polishing, gilding
    800 grit, 1000 grit, 1200 grit- recommended for fine polishing, hand rubbed finishes and gilding
    1600 grit - extremely fine. Polishing, jewelry
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".