It's Down To Seven! (a picture guide that shows the real vintage and modern versions!

It's Down To Seven! This page is the most awesome Star Wars pictograph a collector can click on!!![/URL]

This is kind of what I wanted to do myself -

It's Down To Seven!

From JediTempleArchives, this is an awesome page that shows the actual 100 vintage and their modern counterparts, or what's lacking.

I actually count 102 vintage, including Jabba and Salacious Crumb, but they've both been well-done and are (occasionally) available right now.

I'm personally satisfied with the Special Edition Sy Snootles, and I'm not sure why the Nikto is in contention (I think he was covered), but this guide distinguishes Blue Snaggletoothe and the updates to R2-D2 and C-3PO, though not always with the best choices.

The Han Solo Bespin figure, and the Emperor figure that they chose for this pictograph would not have been my choices from the modern collection. Since 1995, Hasbro has done better - and sometimes NOT with the most recent figure.

However, this photoguide is what I always wanted!

Put your mouse over a picture of an '80's figure and you'll see its modern day representation in the Saga / TAC / BAD / Vintage Dedoux line.

AWESOME!

By the way, the Han Carbonite clearly shows how a modern figure could still be improved. Though not the size, I like the old style of Carbonite coffin that lets you see your figure inside. A deluxe style figure of Han Carbonite could include multiple pieces for various states of display for your carbonite block - some see-through, some colored, others frozen. I'd say "go deluxe" for this because there would be several extra carbonite pieces, and Han would need an extra set of poseable arms for the frozen pose, plus his skiff blaster gun, and the Bespin binders and Jabba's palace handcuffs all could be included.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It's Down To Seven! This page is the most awesome Star Wars pictograph a collector can click on!!!
    Absolutely!! I very much enjoyed poring over this report yesterday, have bookmarked it, and revisited it several times - it's total Geek Heaven!

I'm personally satisfied with the Special Edition Sy Snootles, and I'm not sure why the Nikto is in contention (I think he was covered)
    I would also count Sy Snootles as being "done", though I can understand why others would disagree, as she was clearly based on the SE cgi version rather than the original puppet, which is very different. But is is essentially still the same character, and we do have a modern version of that character. However, we still don't have a modern counterpart to the vintage Nikto - whilst we have two red Nikto (Kajain'sa'Nikto) - Vizam and Nysad, the vintage Nikto was a totally different character, in a completely different outfit. I don't know if he's been assigned a name yet, but I'm sure BigB can clarify.

The Han Solo Bespin figure, and the Emperor figure that they chose for this pictograph would not have been my choices from the modern collection. Since 1995, Hasbro has done better - and sometimes NOT with the most recent figure.
    Totally agree with you here, some of the choices are very questionable, none moreso than using Torture Rack Han as Bespin Han, in favour of the clearly superior POTJ version. They argue that they couldn't use that when there was a SA available, but their logic is inconsistent, as they used the first POTF2 Ponda Baba, when later versions had knees, and for removable limbs C-3PO, they picked the accessory from Chewie, which isn't even a proper figure, and has no articulation.

Put your mouse over a picture of an '80's figure and you'll see its modern day representation in the Saga / TAC / BAD / Vintage Dedoux line.
    And in case you hadn't realised, you can also click on the thumbnails to get a full size pic of both figures standing next to each other. Overall, it is an amazing piece of work.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Yes. I wanted to make a vintage replica of the 92 figure cardback (POTF coin figures), but with the modern figures positioned so you could see all the figures, but kind of re-ordered, grouped by:

Movie order with ANH in the back

Rebels on the left, Imperials / Sith on the right / with droids and others in the middle

Going forward in columns, against the rows, all the Lukes, Hans, Leias, and Landos.

But I wanted to include the total 102 figure count, adding to the 94:

Blue Snaggletoothe to the ANH figures
    Original C-3PO (the 80's cardback replaced him with Removeable Limbs)
    Original R2-D2 (ditto, but Sensorscope substituted, along with Lightsaber Launch)
    Max Rebo
    Sy Snootles
    Droopy McCool
    Jabba The Hutt
    Salacious Crumb

And perhaps the cardback was 92 figures, instead? I keep forgetting who else was missing from the update.

You're right, at present, the 2000 Bespin Han Solo is still the definitive figure (of my favorite style for Han, btw) until they update him with a proportionate body and an even better headsculpt. The 2000 headsculpt, being NON-scene-specific, was also the best Bespin Han headsculpt.

I wouldn't mind Hasbro doing an original version of Sy Snootles, but I wouldn't buy it. I'm all for others being happy though (if they don't begrudge me Jocasta Nu).

With the Niktos, the more versions, the better (every once in a while). They're army builders and not clones.

This also goes for Bespin Guards, and from the PT, Naboo troops of various ranks and positions. And don't forget that the original Hoth Rebel Soldier (though NOT actually a ground troop soldier) still needs to be done.

I'd make that cardback, and leave a blank space in the digital file for where figures like that Hoth Trooper and the mustached Bespin Guard can go, along with the correct Imperial Dignitary (Sim Aloo) and so forth.

But the interactive picture IS really impressive, huh? I need to send an e-mail to that guy who made it and thank him. It's the right thing to do.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Cool

I would like a new Sy Snootles figure that is based on the originial puppet. It's not that I don't like the CGI version but the figure is pretty much "frozen" in one stance and I would like one more flexible. Even the vintage is better in my opinion because at least the arms aren't bent at wierd angles.

I would also like to see the Lar's power (gonk) droid, although I have made a custom version that suits me okay, so if they never make it I can do without.

The vintage, unnamed nikto is also a must for me and I'm sure we will probably see it before any of these other two.