Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Special Action Figure Sets - wave 2

Er, I guess it's wave 2. Sandtroopers has images of the next three, including two from ANH and one from ESB (with the outdated-but-still-awesome Deuce!). Using two yellow-backed sets might be an odd choice but I think the use of more core characters should help sell these to more casual collectors as well. Also of note is that the Death Star Trooper has his original name, Death Squad Commander. If these are priced well, I might get them to display with the first three.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Alas, we have to endure this crappy exclusive again.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Someday, retailers are going to figure out half of us wait until their exclusive is on clearance before we buy it.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I'm still in shock that they're re-using a figure that is 14 years old. That's just disgracefull, especialy when all they would have had to do is re-paint the 2-1B we got a little over a year ago and call it good, and maybe, MAYBE make a new left hand with an accessory.

I foolishly missed the ANH Solo last time, but his time I'm peeved he's trapped in a case with 2 other figures I have no interest in owning. Sigh.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    I foolishly missed the ANH Solo last time, but his time I'm peeved he's trapped in a case with 2 other figures I have no interest in owning. Sigh.
    Are they being sold as 3 packs or as a giant 9 pack again? I thought it would be another 9 pack....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Are they being sold as 3 packs or as a giant 9 pack again? I thought it would be another 9 pack....

I thought I remember reading somewhere that they were to be sold as 3 seperate 3 packs.

If they sell these separately, that would at least be a step in the right direction in my opinion. I will never be able to figure out why they used to potf2 2-1B. That is just...... CRAZY!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

So much for getting a new 2-1B. Maybe they will put a new one out on a single card later.

Still, I'm excited and I would wager that Newsbot is too.
    I am the modern man.

I am excited. I can get the Rebel who was otherwise only in that overpriced Target set (yeah, yeah, I know it was technically not overpriced, but if you only wanted the one figure, that was a lot of scratch), a Leia for my daughter (or an extra for me, maybe), and a Deuce I can customize into one of his many action roles, or to make a Golden Deuce.
    Tommy, close your eyes.