Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation Star Wars Blu-Ray Press Release - Sept. 2011!!

From StarWars.Com:
    Pre-order Star Wars On Blu-Ray Now!

The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever -- the Star Wars Saga -- emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas' epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan:

* Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)
    * Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
    * Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.

Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing "The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor."

"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Dunn said. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."

"With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish," said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. "And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible."

"The Star Wars franchise has been the most anticipated Blu-ray release by Amazon's customers," said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon.com. "We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong."

Pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets at Amazon.com today!
    http://starwars.com/themovies/saga/p...ray/index.html
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The trailer over on StarWars.Com looks pretty good. But I wish they hyped the extras.

$139.99 MSRP for all 6 movies with 30 Hours of Extras is awesome. Can't wait!

I like that they're only including the extras discs in the Compete Saga set. Good idea.

Awesome news! Looks like I'll be getting a Blu-ray player this September.

30 hours of special features sounds insanely awesome. I'm definitely getting the six-film set.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Pre-Order price right now at Amazon.Com is $89.99. Which is pretty damn cheap for the set.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Comp...dp/B003ZSJ212/

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Pre-Order price right now at Amazon.Com is $89.99. Which is pretty damn cheap for the set.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Comp...dp/B003ZSJ212/
    Thanks for the link. I just pre-ordered it from them. Plus if they lower the price between now and when it comes out, you're guaranteed the lowest price it was offered for. I'm definitely not complaining about $15 each, but cheaper would be a nice surprise.

I preordered as well. And posted in the news the blu-ray details that Lucasfilm sent, slim as they are.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm sure plenty of complaints will be posted shortly.

FTR, Lucas did this to himself, he has a record of setting a high bar for his SW releases. That's a good thing as consumers feel like they are get a lot for their money and indeed they do.

However, it makes releases like this VERY difficult. A lot of people are going to find faults with this release in a variety of areas.

Let me state for the record that in order to do this series justice Lucas would have to release a 20+ disc set, that is to say, if he were to attempt to set the high bench mark fans have come to expect. That's just not possible, and I get that.

So here are my 2 (admittedly insignificant) complaints.

1. As I have mentioned before, I want the original theatrical releases in addition to the newer versions.

2. No digital copy? In an era, where digital copy has become a near standard for new releases, I find it a bit frustrating that digital copies will not accompany this set.

Again, I know it would be VERY difficult to accomplish, digital copies require a complete disc that is basically a one use deal and them bam, drink coaster.

Like I said, in order to be a top notch cutting edge, all the trimmings release, Lucas would have to crank out a massive box set with 20 or more discs, and that's not gonna happen.

Still, I will most likely buy this set as soon as it is released.
    May the force be with you.

You know what would make me change my mind entirely and be first in line to get this?

Lucas has always said (or used to always say) in interviews that he saw Star Wars as sort of silent movies accompanied by sound. But the DVD releases so far do not reflect this. If there were either a music-only audio track, and/or a music- and sound effects-only audio track, I would jump on it.

As is, I'm not going to complain, as it looks like a nice set if you don't have the movies already, but I rather wish the extras for the OT didn't require buying the PT. I might ask for it for my birthday or Christmas, but, honestly, for me it boils down to $30 per disc of bonus materials (not counting the cost of the player). Visually better or not, I've bought the OT four times already... and all four times combined cost less than this set.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I too jumped on the pre-order bandwagon cause, let's face it, I was gonna buy it anyway and you can't beat that price. My concern is the "30 hours of extras." While I know that it will include all those never before seen goodies we expect, I wonder how much of it will be the previously seen content from the DVDs. I haven't calculated the hours of special features we're already privy to, I just wonder how much of the 30 hours is new stuff.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Honestly, I hope that all of the previously released content shows up on these in addition to new material. That's tremendous!

I have Close Encounters of the Third Kind on Blu-ray and it has all three versions of the film on one-disc. With that in mind, I'm sure a lot of the promotional material attached to each film could be placed on each disc; relegating the other more extensive archival material for the three additional discs. *shrug*
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**