Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Just don't be shocked when all the troopers and rebels have their guns replaced with radios...
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I just heard of the "Noooo!" thing today. Terrible idea.

Watching the video of it, the first "no" is too loud and clear and doesn't mesh with the volume of the rest of the scene at all and would have alerted the Emperor that something was wrong and possibly put him on his guard against Vader. The second "noooo" is that same horrible line from ROTS - I don't think it was changed in the slightest. I'm not liking this change at all, so I'm going to wait on purchasing this set (I don't even own a Blu-Ray player yet). If the special features and behind-the-scenes stuff turns out to live up to all the hype, then I might change my mind.
    The first "No" is the same one from whe Vader says, "No, I am your father!"

If this turns out to be real, and all signs point to it, Lucas will have received his last dollar from me.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Holy crap! Have you guys all seen the changes to Jabba's Palace?

It might take some getting used to, but I actually really like it. I had changed my mind about the blu-ray, then changed it back after the ridiculous "Nnnnnnnnooooo!!!" I might reconsider again and buy it after all. Heck, if there are more improvements of this caliber, I'll be first in line to get it.

Didn't George Lucas once say, "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians"

Chux, there's a great list on Ranker.com that has that video included.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Didn't George Lucas once say, "People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians"
    *Sighs and facepalms* That was in regard to people other than the creators altering films. Sheeesh.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

But George Lucas is not Irvin Kershner, nor is he Richard Marquand. And they're both dead.

Both Directors were Work For Hire. They were hired to Direct Lucas' vision of the films.
    Both films were chiefly screen written by Lucas. And he also had final cut on both films.

Lucas also got the OK from Kershner before the SE of ESB in '97. It's also the film with the least changes.

And it's a well known fact that Lucas directed major parts of RotJ. Including the Throne Room sequences.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well, from the change I think we can ALL get behind, here is a comparison shot of Yoda and Mace at Qui-Gon's funeral, comparing the puppet and the CGI Yoda. The frame isn't exactly the same, but you get the idea. You can also tell where the DVD had been blown up, since you can now see more of the wall and above Mace's head.

Entertainment Weekly posted a deleted clip from ESB, with Han and Leia in the Echo Base hallways. Some of the dialogue is cheesy as hell! But it's awesome to see this kind of stuff.

And here is much of the last several minutes of TPM, showcasing digital Yoda. I think he looks awesome, but I wish they'd replaced the crappy looking CGI one from the first shot. He looks very stern a lot of the time, especially at the parade (maybe he's more concerned with the uncertain future?), but I love how expressive he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Both Directors were Work For Hire. They were hired to Direct Lucas' vision of the films.
    Both films were chiefly screen written by Lucas. And he also had final cut on both films.

Lucas also got the OK from Kershner before the SE of ESB in '97. It's also the film with the least changes.

And it's a well known fact that Lucas directed major parts of RotJ. Including the Throne Room sequences.
    I have no problem with Lucas continuing to tweak the movies, heck he could add a laugh-track to all six films (like those old 1980s sitcoms) for all I care; but I just wish we'd get high-def versions of the original releases as well.

It does beg the question, however, that if he is THAT unsatisfied with the OT, then why not just remake all three films from scratch?

Anyways, I'll still probably end up getting this set eventually, but more for the special features than anything else.