Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Updated News. It seems that there will be a bonus disc with each trilogy.
    So there will only be one exclusive Bonus Disc with the Complete Saga boxset...

The following news comes from a Norwegian home cinema publication which interviewed Vincent Marcais, Senior Vice President Marketing at Twentieth Century Fox International in Europe.

Star Wars

Star Wars: Original Trilogy and Star Wars: Prequel Trilogy will consist of four discs each. One for each movie and one bonus disc. Star Wars: The Complete Saga will have an additional special features disc, for a total of nine.

The remastering of the movies has been performed by Lucasfilm and will offer "the most recently updated versions of the movies," with "even more enhancements to the picture quality." When asked about Fox's answer to the fans that want to see the three original versions released, Marcais replied: "The versions that are being released are closest to George Lucas' vision. Other than that, no comment."

There is currently no date for a Blu-ray release of the six Star Wars movies separately.

Sales expectations are very high. For reference, the Avatar Blu-ray sold 5 million copies in the US and 4 million in the rest of the world. That's the "ceiling" on what sales to expect from a major Blu-ray release, and Star Wars is expected to raise that ceiling.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    We appear to have a firm release date now. September 27th.
    UPDATE: Release date has been moved up to
    16 September 2011!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Hmmm, I think I may wait for the 3D Blu-Ray version in a few years.

You know it's going to happen.
    May the force be with you.

Hmmmmm... no thanks on the 3D blu-rays. LOL

Plus it'll take around 7 years for all of them to be released on Blu-Ray in 3D.

I can't wait that long. So I'll get these, and wait and see.

Seriously, do people actually like seeing movies in 3D? I've never actually seen one (other than Captain Eo at Disneyland when I was, like, 5) and Phantom Menace will probably be my first. I really just don't see the point.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Actually, I was joking about the 3D versions, though I am sure they will not be too far away, yet another way to sell SW.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Seriously, do people actually like seeing movies in 3D? I've never actually seen one (other than Captain Eo at Disneyland when I was, like, 5) and Phantom Menace will probably be my first. I really just don't see the point.
    I saw Coraline in 3D out of curiosity. Being that the film was created using stop-motion animation, I wanted to see the stuff that the animators were seeing. That being said, I think 3D is a rather pointless exercise. The images aren't as vivid due to the smoky tint to the glasses and too many people complain about eyestrain.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Actually, I was joking about the 3D versions, though I am sure they will not be too far away, yet another way to sell SW.
    I kinda figured.

Well, it looks like all will be revealed soon enough. May 4th, to be exact.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blu Reveal.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	24822  

I wonder how "all" "ALL WILL BE REVEALED" is. It would be nice to see a complete list of contents for each disc. I guess we'll find out tomorrow!!