Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Hmmmm, I dunno, JP.... the $140 list price would buy something like 8 or 10 volumes of Fables, and you wouldn't get stuck with Attack of the Clones again.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, it seems to me they fell a bit short in the "All Will Be Revealed" department.

I am a bit curious about the plans for closed captioning/subtitles. I'm sure it seems like a small thing, but for someone who is hearing impaired it is kind of a big deal to me. I'm sure they will have CC/subtitles, but it's more important HOW they implement them.

On the DVD's I always get annoyed when the CC/subtitles pop up over the natural subtitles of the film itself, for example when Greedo is speaking, or Jabba. I hope they get it right this time.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Hmmmm, I dunno, JP.... the $140 list price would buy something like 8 or 10 volumes of Fables, and you wouldn't get stuck with Attack of the Clones again.
    LOL But who is paying list price for this? I'm planning getting it for under $90!!

Stop hating on AOTC... I hate ROTJ!! LOL AOTC is my second least favourite episode.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Who pays list price for trade paperbacks?

We'll have to agree to disagree on AOTC and ROTJ. At least ROTJ feels like a Star Wars movie to me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Who pays list price for trade paperbacks?

We'll have to agree to disagree on AOTC and ROTJ. At least ROTJ feels like a Star Wars movie to me.
    I agree. To me, it feels like H.R. Puffnstuff, the Muppet Show and Laverne & Shirley mixed with elements of Star Wars. The redemption of Vader thing is fine and Jabba's palace is fine, but the rest of it is such retread that it does my head in. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I mean, who has the right to tell you what colour to paint your house?
    Your home owners' association. Jus' saying'.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

They can suck it. LOL I think Homeowners Associations are out of their minds. Jus' sayin'.

I'd never move anywhere that had one.

You should see how much moaning is going on over on Blu-Ray.Com about the Complete Saga set. Most of it crying about the artwork. I really don't get the hate for it. It's very classy in my opinion. It really does showcase what the movie is about. The Skywalker Family, Anakin and Luke especially. And featuring the Tatooine Homestead and the Twin Suns is perfect. It's beautful, in my opinion. And a nice change from those busy covers we've seen on so many previous releases.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Frankly, I can't complain about the artwork. It's a bit artistic compared to what we've seen in the past, but what the hey? The film releases I can recall had something akin to the movie poster on the cover of the individual films (which I generally like) or the artwork that was done special for the theatrical versions on VHS in the late 90s with Vader/Stormtrooper/Yoda and two ships summing up a key battle (which I also liked).

In reality though, the box artwork is so trivial compared to everything else, I find it hard to get worked up about it either way.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    You should see how much moaning is going on over on Blu-Ray.Com about the Complete Saga set. Most of it crying about the artwork. I really don't get the hate for it. It's very classy in my opinion. It really does showcase what the movie is about. The Skywalker Family, Anakin and Luke especially. And featuring the Tatooine Homestead and the Twin Suns is perfect. It's beautful, in my opinion. And a nice change from those busy covers we've seen on so many previous releases.
    For me, I wish that the Complete Saga box just had logo art on a black background. The individual cases (if there are any) could be the art shown for the PT and OT sets and the existing Saga art could be on the case for the bonus discs. Still, that art is better than the cheap photo montage art that was done for all of the individual DVD releases up to this point. The slipcase for the original DVD release was beautiful. So... I think this art actually rocks and looks dignified.