Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Play school Star Wars toy? What do you think?

As the father of four I think these things are one of the best ideas ever.I have toys all over the house and have had to get all of my kids to leave them alone.I've bought them all stuff of their own but it really doesn't work.
    I think when I can get them things that are made just for them it'll catch.Any thoughts?
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Re: Play school Star Wars toy? What do you think?

Originally posted by Dryanta
    As the father of four I think these things are one of the best ideas ever.I have toys all over the house and have had to get all of my kids to leave them alone.I've bought them all stuff of their own but it really doesn't work. I think when I can get them things that are made just for them it'll catch.Any thoughts?
    I think they are a cool idea, can't wait to pick them up. Wish they would have had these when I was a little kid. I really hope the line does well, and continues beyond these first 6 sets. I wanna see a Boba Fett with Slave 1 set. The Millenium Falcon set looks especially cool, other then Chewie looking a little odd. The vac metal C-3PO figure is really sweet looking.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yea I agree with JJB, I really want to get these! Nicely detailed, kinda..err, cute.., and they should make some interesting display pieces. Might even play with'em a little... :happy:

Anyone else think the Reek looks like the bull from Looney Tunes?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I won't be buying them, but...

I really think they are terrific! It's been a long time coming. Seriously. It seems that there really wasn't much diversity to the Star Wars line until the past few years. We got the LEGO stuff so long after it was badly needed. It was a perfect match. There are so many tykes who love the Star Wars universe, but weren't able to play with toys because the standard figure line was deemed unsuitable for them. I think this is also a great way for Star Wars fanatical parents to play with their kids. Think of it as a way for fathers to bond with their kids. Excellent!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I think that it is a great idea as well. Now children can be introduced to SW at an earlier age. One line of SW figures that I would like to see get produced would be SW Anime figures (from the comic books). I'm not much of an anime fan, but the look of the SW characters in the SW anime is pretty cool and I think they would make great action figures.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Dryanta, did you buy any of these yet? I haven't, but I do plan to eventually (especially that Tauntaun) ! ! ! There have been one or two requests to get a Playskool forum going here, JediTricks wants to wait until the product line has been out awhile to gauge interest. I'd like to see it happen, but it may be too early right now to tell.

These things are totally cool! My nephews love Star Wars and always want to play with their father's SW toys. Now that he bought them a couple of these sets, they don't even look at the regular figures anymore.

I'm glad Hasbro is introducing a little bit of diversity to the Star Wars brand. Everything seemed to revolve solely on action figures for a few years, then we got the Beanies, then the Legos and now these Playskool sets.

I like SithDroid's idea for SW Manga figures also; but I think it would be best if they were larger sized figures, around 6"-8", in order to differentiate them from the regular line and to better represent the anime style.

I think these PlaySkool sets are great too.

Cute and fun! But not for me. (No Kids.) Definitely something new and different and cool though.

I think these are great and intend on buying them all. I just wish there were additional figure packs so that you could assemble an army of droids, stormtroopers etc..

Looking forward to the falcon (now if they could just make a T.I.E. fighter !)