Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 6

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Where'd you see the cardback?
    See Sebillba's post:

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    This list has proved spot on... there's a photo of the card back over at RS that shows all these figures. There's also a close-up of Luke - another amazing headsculpt of the character after so many years of failed attempts.
    All in all, I'll get the Luke, the skiff master, and Lando and Fi-ek look good too. I will most likely pass on the Phase I trooper (the helmet looks a little on the animated side but that's not my reason for passing, I just don't need anymore) and I'll wait and see on the AT-RT pilot. Maybe pick up just one of him. Kind of a snoozer wave, a lot like wave 5.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Thanks! The link was so short there, I overlooked it.

The Weequay is the only definite for me. Lando is likely. Fi-Ek is a maybe, and Luke is probably a no (what's next, "Luke Skywalker: Cut Scene Taking Boots Off"?). Clonetroopers of all shapes and sizes are definite nos.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Weequay is top priority. Luke is certain...am I the only one who loves the "clear" light saber effect? Lando, maybe. I for one was hoping for a more articulate skiff Lando.

Others: pass. No more clones thank you. I think a wave should never have more than 1.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I like this as well. Unless it was a shot of a vintage figure, pics of previous releases really didn't do anything for me. This is so much better.
    Well, this is even different from that. At least on the AOTC wave, they're still comparing these figures to previously-released figures, including Episode I and Saga line figures. Since this Luke in this configuration has never been made before, I assued they were going to do what they did for Echo Base Han, Senate Duel Sidious, and Sail Barge R2-D2: reuse the card art from the front, on the back, and call it out as a first-time release (which I assume would have gotten sticky here). I prefer this, since if I want to see the front of the card, I'll just turn it over.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I can't help but wonder, and someone please enlighten me as I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be an arse, but why do so many of you care about the Luke? There have been a few bazillion pilot Lukes over the years, and this one is "unique" in that he doesn't have his gloves. I can't find myself passing on any never-before-made ESB figure (unless it's in a Target exclusive set with a bunch of already-done figures and some accessories that, while cool, I have nowhere to put), but I really am having a tough time seeing myself spending $7 (or so) on this one.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I can't help but wonder, and someone please enlighten me as I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be an arse, but why do so many of you care about the Luke? There have been a few bazillion pilot Lukes over the years, and this one is "unique" in that he doesn't have his gloves. I can't find myself passing on any never-before-made ESB figure (unless it's in a Target exclusive set with a bunch of already-done figures and some accessories that, while cool, I have nowhere to put), but I really am having a tough time seeing myself spending $7 (or so) on this one.
    As for me, I like these sorts of figures as a diorama builder since they bring a greater film accuracy to the scenes. Some might not care whether he has his gloves or not, but I do. I really like the 2009 snowspeeder Luke, and I think he looks cool without the thermal cap on here. I also really enjoy the card art as, to me, it's a very iconic, dynamic photo. It's also nice when they're able to do new, (albeit only slightly) different of the core characters, meaning there's more to do than just repeat the same versions exactly the same over and over.

This is also more a snowspeeder pilot Luke rather than an X-wing one, given the collar, skirt, and padded suit. I distinguish between the costumes since they're quite different despite looking similar, and when you look at it that way, there haven't been nearly "a few bazillion" (and I'm assuming the notion of having several of them is based more on the fact that he gets re-released every so often).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

A couple of different reasons for me:
    1. I was never happy with the quality of the 2006 X-Wing Pilot Luke. Ugly headsculpt and weird body proportions kind of ruined it for me.
    2. Luke's X-Wing uniform in ESB is different enough compared to his uniform in ANH to warrant a new figure.
    3. While the 2009 Snowspeeder Luke was a great figure, the thermal cap and weirdly posed hands limited his usefulness outside of the Snowspeeder/Hoth Battle dioramas.
    4. This is more than just an X-Wing Pilot Luke and it's more than just a Dagobah Landing Luke, it's also a "Just Landed On A Strange New World and is Cautiously Exploring His Surroundings With His Trusty Droid R2-D2 (sold separately) By His Side" Luke. At least that's what I'm going to be using him for.
    5. The cardback looks awesome!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Well, I'll get the Weequay. I'm not buying another General Lando or X-Wing Luke, and I don't do prequel stuff.

I'm actually happier buying less Star Wars stuff every year. Actually, I like these non-themed waves. I don't have to spring for all those figures at once.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Thanks! The link was so short there, I overlooked it.

The Weequay is the only definite for me. Lando is likely. Fi-Ek is a maybe, and Luke is probably a no (what's next, "Luke Skywalker: Cut Scene Taking Boots Off"?). Clonetroopers of all shapes and sizes are definite nos.
    Clone Troopers have been mined to death, for me. I don't see any compelling reason to buy more. I might buy a new Bacara if they ever release one.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]"There was Rocketman, trying to get out, and here comes the cliff, and just before the car went off the cliff, he jumped free! And all the kids cheered! But I didn't cheer. I stood right up and started shouting. This isn't what happened last week! Have you all got amnesia? They just cheated us! This isn't fair! HE DID'NT GET OUT OF THE COCKADOODIE CAR!" - Annie Wilkes [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession is Nute View Post
    Clone Troopers have been mined to death, for me. I don't see any compelling reason to buy more. I might buy a new Bacara if they ever release one.
    What was wrong with this one?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.