Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wave 6

Hybrid View

Wave 6

A new image of Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing) has turned up today, and I presume he's in the wave after the ANH/ROTS wave (hence the thread's title). At any rate, it looks like it's based on the snowspeeder Luke but with an uncapped head and ungloved hands. I like that we're finally getting this version, and the card art is pretty spiffy as well.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'd be a lot more interested in this if we were finally getting a decent ESB Yoda to go with him - the 1980 vintage figure is still the best version we have, and the best modern version is POTF2.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I guess wave 6 is going to consist of:

Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing)
    Clone Trooper
    AT-RT Driver
    General Lando
    Weequay Skiff Master
    Fi Ek Sirch (Nikto Jedi)

I'm definitely getting the Weequay Skiff Master, Fi Ek Sirch, General Lando and Luke. Pass on the clones.

Hasbro did a great job with the choice of cardphoto for that Luke.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Big B, your list is spot on with the figures I will be buying. Right on!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Cool

When is this wave supposed to hit the shelves? I've been wanting the weequay skiff master for over 25 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbapalacespy View Post
    When is this wave supposed to hit the shelves? I've been wanting the weequay skiff master for over 25 years!
    I'm guessing it's gonna be a while. Still haven't seen waves 4 or 5 yet and so 6 will probably be revealed at Toy Fair in February and on shelves some time after that.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I guess wave 6 is going to consist of:

Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing)
    Clone Trooper
    AT-RT Driver
    General Lando
    Weequay Skiff Master
    Fi Ek Sirch (Nikto Jedi)

I'm definitely getting the Weequay Skiff Master, Fi Ek Sirch, General Lando and Luke. Pass on the clones.

Hasbro did a great job with the choice of cardphoto for that Luke.
    This list has proved spot on... there's a photo of the card back over at RS that shows all these figures. There's also a close-up of Luke - another amazing headsculpt of the character after so many years of failed attempts.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Yeah, wow, that Luke head is stunning - I was somewhat worried by the first picture, but damn, that's good. And they gave him the hole for his lightsaber! Nice.

I also like that the photo on the back isn't just a shot of the front of the card, as they had been doing for earlier first-time figures.

As for the rest of the wave, I like what I see. Looks like the AOTC clone has the super-articulated body - right after I accumulated dozens of the previous version. Lando's cape looks too blue here, so hopefully the actual figure will work out. The others look good though not the most exciting choices ever.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I also like that the photo on the back isn't just a shot of the front of the card, as they had been doing for earlier first-time figures.

I like this as well. Unless it was a shot of a vintage figure, pics of previous releases really didn't do anything for me. This is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    I'd be a lot more interested in this if we were finally getting a decent ESB Yoda to go with him - the 1980 vintage figure is still the best version we have, and the best modern version is POTF2.

Amen Brotha!

I think this Luke and the Skiff Master are two must-have figures.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.