Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave 6

Wave 6

A new image of Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing) has turned up today, and I presume he's in the wave after the ANH/ROTS wave (hence the thread's title). At any rate, it looks like it's based on the snowspeeder Luke but with an uncapped head and ungloved hands. I like that we're finally getting this version, and the card art is pretty spiffy as well.

I'd be a lot more interested in this if we were finally getting a decent ESB Yoda to go with him - the 1980 vintage figure is still the best version we have, and the best modern version is POTF2.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I guess wave 6 is going to consist of:

Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Landing)
    Clone Trooper
    AT-RT Driver
    General Lando
    Weequay Skiff Master
    Fi Ek Sirch (Nikto Jedi)

I'm definitely getting the Weequay Skiff Master, Fi Ek Sirch, General Lando and Luke. Pass on the clones.

Hasbro did a great job with the choice of cardphoto for that Luke.

Big B, your list is spot on with the figures I will be buying. Right on!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Cool

When is this wave supposed to hit the shelves? I've been wanting the weequay skiff master for over 25 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbapalacespy View Post
    When is this wave supposed to hit the shelves? I've been wanting the weequay skiff master for over 25 years!
    I'm guessing it's gonna be a while. Still haven't seen waves 4 or 5 yet and so 6 will probably be revealed at Toy Fair in February and on shelves some time after that.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post
    I'd be a lot more interested in this if we were finally getting a decent ESB Yoda to go with him - the 1980 vintage figure is still the best version we have, and the best modern version is POTF2.

Amen Brotha!

I think this Luke and the Skiff Master are two must-have figures.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sebillba View Post

You must be ah preaching to the chior! AMEN!

I find it rather pathetic that the two best figures of Yoda are also the oldest. If I thought I could pull it off, I'd get the POTJ Yoda, and to figure out how to drill out his head to give him a ball joint for one of the newer bodies. It seems to me that what they truly screw up on with Yoda are his accessories (just what the heck is this big gun thing the saga legends version came with anyway?) and his face.

He's such a simple character to do. Cloth good robe (they could probably get away with re-creating the original!), walking stick, belt, flash light, good head sculpt, MAYBE the snake, and done. If they need to add a lightsaber to increase kids wanting him, I could live with this. He's not a character I feel they NEED to include something else with to feel like Im getting my money's worth.

He's supposed to resemble the compleate opposite of the AT-AT in my mind. It's one of the best morality lessons of film. Just because something is big, difficult, scary, powerfull, or strong doesn't mean that it is difficult to over come. Yoda dosen't need big guns, lights, sound, or ANYTHING to be awsome. If they want him to come with anything more than what he came with in 1980, the best yoda I can think of would come with a lightsaber to please the kids, and maybe those little boxes from the saga release of R2-D2 with the sensor scope from a few years back, and a few rocks to stack on eachother. But really, all we need is an epic sculpt yoda with his basic accessories, and I think they would not be able to make enough of him.

That cardback is superb!! It was an excellent choice since its one of the more iconic photos from ESB. I'll definitely be getting one. Skiff Master is a must as well. I'll have to see about the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic View Post
    He's supposed to resemble the compleate opposite of the AT-AT in my mind. It's one of the best morality lessons of film. Just because something is big, difficult, scary, powerfull, or strong doesn't mean that it is difficult to over come. Yoda dosen't need big guns, lights, sound, or ANYTHING to be awsome.
    Amen Brotha Neuro! TESTIFY!

I reject the PT Yoda, and all saber-weilding abominations of him. Those are abarations of the true mystic who was hidden in the swamp. Yoda NEVER needed a lightsaber. "The Force is my ally, and a powerful ally it is."
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.