Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post
    So, perhaps in the future Hasbro will most likely repaint it, add a small semi-center wing and call it a Theta class shuttle. I can see them doing something like that, which is okay. You can never have too many ships.
    It's not just the color; aside from being vaguely the same shape, the shuttles are completely different when compared side-by-side.

The fact that this has barely been in the show makes me think it could be an odd choice. The Turbo Tank seemed to do fairly well for having not been featured much, though that had the added benefit of appealing to film collectors as well. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this at Toy Fair.

And I can't wait to re-create the "Jar Jar causes a crash landing that kills a few people" scene.

It's been in nearly a quarter of the episodes of the show.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like that article says "... has 2 modes of play; as an attack base play-set and a vehicle." I know Hasbro has been anti-play-set in the Q&A sessions for some time now, so maybe this is a step in the right direction.

I know that when I play Star Wars with my 5-year-old, the AT-AT, Turbo Tank, and AT-TE all stay pretty stationary and act as play-sets, but the fact that it is specifically stated in this release may mean something...or I am just reading too much into it?

That's how they've treated all the big vehicles, they know playsets don't sell but vehicles do, so they try to pack as many playset features into vehicles as they can. The Clone Turbo Tank also had the Attack Base concept in its design. Whether this transforms more into a playset environment than that did is yet to be seen.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It's been in nearly a quarter of the episodes of the show.
    According to Wookieepedia, nine episodes and the movie (and based on previews, Delta Squad uses it in this week's episode). Ten out of 58 episodes ain't quite a quarter, but the problem is that it's never done anything really memorable aside from blow up and crash (which I know could be said of the AT-TE and Turbo Tank, but at least those are "aggressive" vehicles actually used in battles). This really just gets people from Point A to Point B (neither of which is Point Rain ).

I hate to be branded a hater, but....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

[FONT=Courier New]*THIS* is the Clone Wars vehicle that I have truly been waiting for! Ever since we saw it in the Clone Wars movie back in August of 2008, I have been wanting a big plastic Hasbro reproduction for my collection and now it looks like I will only have to wait out 5-6 more months (assuming it's a summer release, and the last 3 big releases have been summer releases...).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Depending on size and execution, I am going to get at least 1, possibly even two, even though my last 3 medium to large vehicle purchases (Y Wing, Turbo Tank, and AT-AT) have been limited to one. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I have cut WAAAAAAY back on my Star Wars purchases since the end of 2009, especially the Hasbro stuff. I still buy figures here and there, but I have skipped a lot of it. I still purchase SW LEGO sets, but I have cut way back on those, too. But for big vehicles, I am all for them.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Can't wait to see this thing at Toy Fair next month! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    According to Wookieepedia, nine episodes and the movie (and based on previews, Delta Squad uses it in this week's episode). Ten out of 58 episodes ain't quite a quarter, but the problem is that it's never done anything really memorable aside from blow up and crash (which I know could be said of the AT-TE and Turbo Tank, but at least those are "aggressive" vehicles actually used in battles). This really just gets people from Point A to Point B (neither of which is Point Rain ).
    I didn't realize we've had so many episodes in season 3, it's felt very short since most of them were mediocre.

Still, this is one of the most-common troop transports in the show. It's got 4 sets of guns on the front, and I think a set on the back. It holds troops. That's aggressive. And it's got a very recognizable Star Wars styling with the head-neck-body design and folding wings.

I like the Nu class design so depending on what play features they add it could look rather good.

I am suprised at the choice, would have thought the Twilight had a greater 'pull' as at least it has had a fair share of action and actually used to shoot enemy fighters down (though the scale and design of that ship may have gone against it). I do hope they consider the Twilight at some point though.

I also hope the Stealth ship gets a look in as it is a simple but cool design (basically a long tube) though sadly only in one episode:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth_ship

It could have an open top roof allowing you to insert the stealth clone pilot (cool figure) in a two seater cockpit and several clone crew in seats with computers along its length (could have missile launching feature and maybe some battle sounds and light up engines).

As a bonus it should come with a clone stealth pilot and Admiral Trench:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unide...tealth_ship%29

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trench_%28Admiral%29

[FONT=Courier New]Another outlet has posted a picture of the RAS on their Facebook page, taken at the UK Toy Fair show by a Hungarian site.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The note card on the display calls it the Republic Attack *SHIP*.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I'd like to share this with everyone in this thread, but I don't want to get flamed NOR show any disrespect to SSG.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]So if anyone (JT?) would like to share with me the protocol on this, I would appreciate it. (I didn't see this image or a news link about it on the home page).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]