Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    [FONT=Courier New]I assume we'll get more details and better pics at the upcoming Toy Fair.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]So far, even though we've gotten very little detail, I have a feeling this will be smaller than it should be. I hope I am wrong as this is the last "big" vehicle that I can see myself fleet/army building with (at least for the forseeable future).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Yeah, almost certainly they'll be showing it off on Saturday during New York Toy Fair. And SSG will be there to cover it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm curious to see all the details of it in playset mode. After seeing the picture, I'm a little concerned that when its all closed up and put back together, the various parts may feel kind of loose. But Hasbro has been doing a very good job on vehicles lately, so its only a small concern.

So by now we've all seen pictures and video, what does everyone think about it?

I personally am a little disappointed. I was hoping they'd make it more of a transport vehicle with room for 10-15 troopers inside, but I understand why they went with a hybrid vehicle/playset.

I am still up for getting one. Maybe two if I find them on sale.

It looks like the cockpit does hold two pilots (at least according to one of the videos that I saw...).
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

While the other big vehicles had the playset aspects integrated, it looks on this one like you basically have to dismantle the ship to get to the playset. It's strange, but I'm sure it will be fun for kids, which seems to be what they're going for. I'm not sure how many collectors will even go for this one, given that it's the first "BMF" ship to not be from a film (as even the ones in The Clone Wars packaging were seen in, respectively, AOTC and ROTS). I guess I'm not surprised they went this route since the ship itself has very little play value. I'll probably just display it sealed up, which is fine by me and what I was going to do anyway.

I'm not sure that I like the playset. It looks like they tried to create the outpost episode feel to it, which is neat, but I don't think it was successful. If I pick it up, it will probably never get transformered.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Angry

I may get 2-3 of these depending on price, 1 or 2 for the clones and 1 more to custom for a post New Hope smuggler/ pirate vessel (wonder if this will ever be done in imperial colours ala V wing/ Arc 170?).

Still want my stealth ship though.....

I agree with jabbajohn...a little too kid-friendly & playset themed for my tastes. I'll def. pass.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

It's kind of odd that we have been clamouring for playsets and it appears the overwelming opinion of this one is negative. I hope it doesn't affect Hasbro's decision to do real playsets in the future.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-