Hybrid View

Hasbro Republic Attack Shuttle at Toy Fair next month?

According to the magazine Toy News, that's what will be there, as seen in this article: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...cle_136133.asp

After Hasbro's October answer about another big vehicle for '11 that's sub-$100, I argued that it sounded to me like the Republic Attack Shuttle here, and while some folks felt I was making a wild guess, it looks like that's what we're getting. I should be a clairvoyant, I'm sure lots of people would love to pay me to guess what's coming up next based only on Hasbro answers and market trends.

Anyway, salient point to take away from this is we're getting the Nu-class shuttle, and if you don't know what that is, it's this thing seen in lots of Clone Wars episodes: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nu-class
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This is kind of a meh vehicle. If I was still into buying any of the toys I'd find it hard to spend $100 for this. The other large vehicles have been semi-iconic (I say "semi" only because the AT-AT doesn't bring up as many memories or have the recognizability as the Falcon) but this was only shown for a very short time and not even in any "action" scenes.

I realize that there aren't many vehicles that they could upscale to look better so why should they even do it just to do it? Let the first two stand as great examples of what fans wanted and wait until you get something better. Maybe an upscaled AT-ST? (not sure if the ones we have are in scale but I doubt it). How about an upscaled Imperial Shuttle (once again not sure of the scale)
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Yet they still won't make Jabba's Sail Barge. Oh well, what can ya do.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Easy pass for me. But then, the AT-AT is the only Big Freaking Monster vehilce I plan to get, especialy since I got it unexpectedly for Christmas. They just cost too much for me to willingly buy on my own.

Maybe this won't be a $100 vehicle. I seem to remember Hasbro wanting to develop the $69.99 price point, for which we've only seen the Y-Wing and repainted ARC-170.

The vehicle just doesn't strike me as being large enough to make into "an attack base play set."

At a less than $100 price pint, I'd like to have this. It looked cool, I loved it in ROTS. I have to agree about it not being large enough to be an attack base. It didn't seem to be *that* large but it looks really cool.

I saw a rumor on somewhere about Hasbro mulling over making a BMF Sandcrawler. I'd def be up for one of those, even at $100. If they release that in 2012, maybe the economy will be better by then and I could afford one of those.
    Good trader(s): TheDarthVader...thanks!

Wow, lots of haters (for lack of a better term) on this one. I'm not in that boat, I think it can be a cool vehicle. Look at the Republic Gunship toy, it's mainly just a platform to hold figures, and it has doors and a cockpit, but there's not that much going on, and yet it's quite popular. The Nu-class Shuttle here could be largely the same, except with movable wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Maybe this won't be a $100 vehicle. I seem to remember Hasbro wanting to develop the $69.99 price point, for which we've only seen the Y-Wing and repainted ARC-170.

The vehicle just doesn't strike me as being large enough to make into "an attack base play set."
    This is I think surely the "sub-$100 vehicle" that Hasbro confirmed in Q&A, but I don't think it'll be at the "deluxe vehicle" SKU since that line got killed with the ARC-170 taking it down to the bottom of the sea.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.