Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Arrow Your Star Wars game

Hey all,

I was sitting here, watching my EP1 DVD for the 15 time and wishing upon a star that it was May 16th already(or at least April 23rd). And I got to thinking, most of the Star Wars games out there are CRAP! Now I am not talking PC, I am referring to home consols(sp?). Think about it, we have Jedi Power Battles(crap), Masters of Teras Kais(sp) that was good to a point, Star Wars Podracers(once again good to a point),etc. The only good ones that I have played have been Starfighter and Rouge Sqadron 1 & 2. So this got me to thinking and I am sorry if this tread has been done b/4 but, what would your ultimate Star Wars Game be???

For me, it is as follows. And BTW if any game designers are out there and you take this idea and do not give me credit I will hunt you down, hang you by your toe nails, pour honey on you, unleash a hoard of fireants on you and then stick a lightsaber up your . . . . . well, you get the idea. Anyway:

I am a big RPG(that's Role Playing Game) fan. So my game would have to be a RPG. And since I only have a PS2 it would be on that system. It would most likely have to be a 2-3 disc game(That's HUGE!!!!!!). You would start out as a Padawan, following your master on differant missions. All the while building up your experiance in the Jedi arts. And depending on your battles and interaction with other characters, you can either finish your jedi training or follow the darkside. But for the most part the begining of the game you would have little control on where you would go, this would be left up to your master(a AI character). Then depending on which path you chose, either finish your training or take the dark path, you would be incontrol then.

There are a lot more detail that I have in my head for this and if I posted it all one of three things would happen: Either my fingers would fall off from all this typing, no one would read this post cause it too friggin long, or SirSteve would forever ban me b/c my post took up too much room on his server. But I believe you get the gist of my idea. There would be a lot of dialog, lots of use of light sabers(you even get to build your own at one point), lots of Force tricks to learn and use, and you can customize your character(i.e. your name, the look, race, height, skills, etc). So there it is! Hope it wasn't too long. So what are your ideas??

And once again, I am sorry if this was done before but its and idea I've had running around in my head and it was making me dizzy!

Don't look at me like that! I'm not crazy. . . . that's what my shrink told me. I am normal, I am normal, I am . . . oh, who am I kidding!!!!!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

i like Rogue Leader for the Cube. Jedi power Battles was all right, except for the fact that it was a screwed up port forom the PS.
    Beyond the Staples Center you can see America,
    With its tired, poor, avenging disgrace,
    Peaceful, loving youth against the brutality,
    Of plastic existence.

Some of the SW games are good and some are bad. We can't win everytime. The one thing that I do not like about Lucasarts Games is that they don't make the same game available on different systems. I for one hate playstation and PS2. I have never liked the controls, too many buttons to keep track of, and I believe it has always been the most over-rated system. If a SW game comes out that I would like to play, but it is only available for PS2, then I guess I never get to play it. Why would I spend all that money for a system just to play one game? Nope. I happen to like the Gamecube right now. The discs are small and some of the games are pretty cool. The X-Box would have to come in second. Also the Sega Dreamcast is a great systme that doesn't get much credit anymore with the three new systems. It's too bad we don't see more cool games for the Dreamcast. If Lucasarts decides to make a SW game, then they should do it for all ACTIVE systems that allow the game to be played. That is what I beleive anyway.

I like your idea about a SW RPG. I think it would be a great game. It would be great to play a SW game that doesn't have to tie into the SW movie universe, more of an EU thing would be cool. Heck it could even take place way before EP I or way after EP VI. I think Lucasarts should consider making a game like this. Plus it would be one of those games that you wouldn't beat right away and then not play for a while. It would actually take time to beat the game.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

The Good:
    Rogue Squadron N64
    Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader GC
    Starfighter PS2
    Jedi Starfighter (not yet released, looks good though) PS2
    Podracer N64 (A little boring, but it's kinda fun once in awhile)
    Racer Revenge PS2
    Battle For Naboo N64
    Shadows of the Empire N64
    Demolition PS1 (a little boring unless you use cheat codes, then it gets quite interesting, especially with super speed. )

That's all the good SW console games I know, quite a few to choose from. If any of you have a DreamCast, I've heard Jedi Power Battles is a little better than it is on PlayStation.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I still think that the flying sims (Rogue Leader 1&2, Starfighter) were extremely hard on the harder difficulties. But, my idea for an awesome Star Wars game was one of my first posts on SSGs forum's. It was about a bounty hunter-type rpg/adventure/flying sim/first person shooter. If you wanna hear about it drop me an e-mail, or I might post about it again soon. Later.

yukface27@hotmail.com
    "Flanders was a zombie?"

-Homer Simpson

Dar' Argol is a good guy to trade with!!!

I still think the RPG is the way to go. We have already had way too many games where you areeither in an x-wing, TIE fighter, A-Wing, Y-wing and such. Plus we have already had the first person shooter games with the Dark Forces series. SW Jedi Power Battles is a game that progresses from level to level and is linear. A RPG non-linear game is waht we need. Kind of like a choose your own adventure type. Galactic Battlegrounds was a great game, but it is time for something new.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Originally posted by SithDroid
    Also the Sega Dreamcast is a great systme that doesn't get much credit anymore with the three new systems. It's too bad we don't see more cool games for the Dreamcast.

The reason there is nothing new for the Dreamcast is b/c its been axed! Sega decided to get out of the consol buisness and conceintrate on games only. That's why Crazy Taxi showed up on the PS2. And I respect everyones opinion on what ever system they prefer. I think the GC has a lot going for it, if it can be used right. I was a PS'er from the start after I got burned by Sega's Genesis and Saturn went belly up so I swore I'd never go back. So the next likely choice for me was the PS2. I can still play all my old games. But this is not a forum for soapbox system wars. I do agree if Lucasarts comes out with a decient SW game it SHOULD be available on ALL systems so all fans have a chance to play! Its just too many bad games for a good title.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Originally posted by SithDroid

I like your idea about a SW RPG. I think it would be a great game. It would be great to play a SW game that doesn't have to tie into the SW movie universe, more of an EU thing would be cool. Heck it could even take place way before EP I or way after EP VI. I think Lucasarts should consider making a game like this. Plus it would be one of those games that you wouldn't beat right away and then not play for a while. It would actually take time to beat the game.
    Yeah, I'm thinking at least 60+ hours to complete depending on which path you choose. And there could always be sequals where you can load your save from your last completed game and continue that character in this game. the possiblities are endless. Plus we REALLY NEED a good SW RPG!

I tend to like sims and rpg's myself on the PC. I never really got into the game consoles.

I haven't picked up Galactic Battlefields yet, but when the refund check arrives...:happy:

SW Galaxies sounds like it is going to be incredible, I'm really looking forward to that.

Having said that, one of my fav's is Rebellion. I wish that LucasArts would revisit that game and give it more complexity and depth, the same way that Sid Maiers Civilization has been redone 2x's.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

How about "Final Fantasy" type RPG with a Star Wars theme.
    You make your own path and choose your own methods to accomplishing your goal.
    Along the way you encounter enemies and have to use specialized tactics and strategies to beat them.
    That would be awesome. This is a great idea and like someone said before, you could play it for a long time and not beat it easily.
    That is one problem with games nowadays. They have 10-15 levels and thats it.
    You spend an average of $50 for a new game and then beat it within a month or two. It then sits there collecting dust or something.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed