Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight4516 View Post
    Who else did a slow clap when that turning point was revealed at the end.
    i know i did.
    I hung my head, muttered a few choice obscenities and turn the tv off.

That whole arc was so f*cking stupid.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I gave up all hope for one day seeing George Lucas in Heaven, because I'm sure that episode p***ed God off.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Not that Lucas hasn't changed his mind before or chosen to ignore what he's said before, but didn't he once say that the reason he had Maul get cut in half was because he wanted to show he was dead, absolutely dead, not coming back, because his top half was removed from his upper half?
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Yes, and he also claims it was always his intention for Greedo to shoot first, since otherwise Han is killing people when we first see him, and it's impossible to redeem him.

Guess he missed the memo that most of us first saw Vader killing people in far more gruesome fashion and are now supposed to believe he's a good guy who had a bad dream about his wife.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Maul aspect aside... I really enjoyed this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    Knowing SyFy movies (what the heck happened to SciFi anyway?) it would be better if it did air at 2am on Skinemax.
    I can't wait to see this 'cos there is a seriously OTT b**ch-slap, hair-pulling, falling in the water, pie-in-the-face girl fight between the two.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I can't wait to see this 'cos there is a seriously OTT b**ch-slap, hair-pulling, falling in the water, pie-in-the-face girl fight between the two.
    [FONT=Courier New]The best part of the commercial for this SyFy original movie is that they only showed DG and Tiffany cat-fighting (or at least that is all that I really remember). [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I paused the TV so I could set up a recording while my wife rolled her eyes and said "are you really going to watch that?".[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

again I'm in the minority here but I actually liked the story arc of Savage Opress and I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull off the return of Darth Maul. i think it would be neat to see him as a cyborg.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    And the children of the 80s wish it had been on Cinemax instead. Maybe airing around 2 in the morning on a Saturday.
    Oh, the glory days of Cinemax... I even remember Z Channel, ON TV, and Select TV. Now those were the channels for late night weekends.

As for this story arc, I didn't hate it. Instead, I liked it, though I don't understand how it needed an appearance by Maul at the end. Qui Gon is coming back next week, maybe Jango and Zam Wessel didn't die either, who knows. No one stays dead in comics, maybe this CW show will follow that trend too. I always wonder about the life of a show that has to bring in new and/or previously dead characters.

The series may never be the original trilogy in terms of story quality; certainly it hasn't lived up to the Tartakovsky Clone Wars series for me, though that show had a completely different mandate. The new CW show has not always been as outlandish as some EU stuff, but this CW show is made for kids mainly, like the majority of the prequel trilogy was. Many of us adults that were kids when the original trilogy came out have a much higher standard of quality we expected from anything SW. The prequels, to an extent, reduced the quality expectation. It may be the product of the 80s era, where there was maybe a higher level of quality associated with kid related entertainment product, which though some of it may seem silly to us now, is still superior to much of what children get now. Regardless, I recall hearing once that there would be 100 episodes of CW and we're about halfway through that. Who knows what other "secrets [will be] revealed."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    again I'm in the minority here but I actually liked the story arc of Savage Opress and I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull off the return of Darth Maul. i think it would be neat to see him as a cyborg.
    I agree i enjoyed the arc as well its better then watching them run around the senate some more or fight a giant space spider bent on world domination. Maul and Savage versus a ticked of anakin would be epic. I say only anakin because it seems like obiwan never fails to get knocked out cold in the first few minutes of a fight. Also no one can say that episode 1 didnt crap on it self as it is already and that maul kickin some jedi behind in robot pants would ruin it more than it already has it self. Sure maul got cut in half but you gotta remember it gets cauterized and as long as its below the kidneys hes all good. Someone just needed to help him up, put on some new kicks, and poke him 2 new disposal holes below the belt if you get my drift and hes set. Plus who knows what was down that trench he could have got sucked into a side curved shaft like luke in cloud city or there could have been a naboo toy factory shaft with thousands of ready to be packaged plush jar jars at the bottom to break his fall. I thought the comic that they brought him back in was great, maul giving owen the whooping he always deserved for being a whiny step brother. All i know is anyone in robot pants has my approval. especially if they are from machete squad.

Maybe it's actually Darth Maul Jr, that way Lucasfilm could be right at saying it's Darth Maul, from a certain point of view.