Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Rumor That The Super Jawa Sandcrawler IS Happening!

The Super Jawa Sandcrawler looks like it may be revealed at Toy Fair or Comic Con!

The Super Jawa Sandcrawler looks like it may be revealed at Toy Fair or Comic Con!

I hope it's packed with a lot of extra B-A-D parts.

Maybe a multi-pack, with the Bantha, Ronto, or Dewback (and appropriate figures)?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Now THAT is the first vehicle they've announced that I'd drop $100 for. The AT-AT and Falcon were cool, but I already have them. The little POS they put out a few years ago, I don't even consider a Sandcrawler.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They've been pretty hit or miss with their Marvel and other lines on CTR.

But Rebelscum is usually in the high 90% when it comes to Star Wars rumors.

So yeah, looks like a BA Sandcrawler is on the way. Yet they won't do Jabba's Skiff? Meh.

Your link is borked though. http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...ion_136054.asp
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Now THAT is the first vehicle they've announced that I'd drop $100 for. The AT-AT and Falcon were cool, but I already have them. The little POS they put out a few years ago, I don't even consider a Sandcrawler.
    Nothing is announced. There's only been confirmation on the Republic Attack Shuttle so far, and that happened well after this rumor was posted, so don't get your hopes up just yet (and I think Hasbro only said there'd be one big vehicle this year).

I don't really see them producing a huge sandcrawler. The last one was an exclusive and based on the vintage mold so I don't think they have a lot of faith in it. Not to mention that it's not remotely aggressive, and all it really does in the film is hold droids and move forward, so I don't know how they'd make it kid-friendly like the other big vehicles.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

It opening up into a playset. Like they have done with all the other BA ships.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    It opening up into a playset. Like they have done with all the other BA ships.
    Well, yeah, I got that. But for the Falcon, we already had a clear idea of what the interior would be. With the AT-TE, Turbo Tank, and AT-AT, they're all aggressive sort of battle centers. The sandcrawler would maybe incorporate some sort of droid factory-type aspect, but it doesn't really fit with the others.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I didn't say it was announced. I just said that it's one I'd actually buy for $100.

Actually, I did say it was announced, though that's not what I meant. Carry on. Nothing to see here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I could completely see this being a cool, fun environment even for kids. If we're worried about guns, it's not like Jawas are unarmed. Sure, they're really only dangerous to droids, but for a lot of kids, a gun's a gun. If it needs to be offensively armed, just add a storage compartment that launches some kind of scavenged battle droids. That fits what we know of Jawas.

Play areas I could imagine:

A panel on the back drops down to show the storage bay littered with junk and droids. This would have room to add droids and come with various bits and pieces to clutter up the area.

Below the storage bay, between the back treads, a panel opens up to release battle droids, in appearance something like a cross between destroyer droids and the chameleon droids from the Tartakovsky Clone Wars.

A middle area would open up to the droid factory some people have suggested. The droid factory area would have articulated arms and claws that hold BAD parts to assemble the droids, possibly a tub for "oil baths." Maybe they can even reuse the frame that the astromechs from Queen Amidala's starship plug into--either the one that came with the starship or (preferably) the one that came with R2-B1.

A panel just like the vintage Sandcrawler opens on the top, near the front to access the control center. This area at minimum would have an area for two drivers.

Below the control center, a panel drops down to launch some kind of smaller rover with seating for two Jawas and a storage area in the back for a droid or two. This vehicle could have an ion turret to disable droids.

Of course on one side, there will be the suction tube that will deliver droids into the droid factory.

When in the package, the treads would be one piece, the biggest, heaviest in the package. The main body would be split in two right down the middle, and the two pieces would nestle one inside the other to halve their thickness. The droid factory, and storage bays will be separate pieces that plug right onto the treads and possibly lend support to the two halves of the main body.

I think kids would have fun with that. I know I would, and I'm basically okay with the sandcrawler I already have.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I wouldn't drop $100 for the AT-AT or the Falcon -but I would for a Sandcrawler!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

The rumor posting on RS just says they've "tossed around the idea," it doesn't even say it has started sculpting or mock-ups. It sounds like it would be toyfair 2012 or 2013 before we see anything from Hasbro on this. The only way I think we'll ever see this is if it is released the year ANH comes out in 3D.