Article: New SirSteve's Guide Re-design/Upgrade

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

(edit) First!

So far, Im in the not sure yet catigory, but I think once I get used to the new layout, I'll be in the I like it catigory.

There is a ton of information on the first page, which is great, because it allows you to find out a ton of information right away.

On the other hand, there's a TON of information on the first page, which may be a little interesting to sort through or miss something. I do like the side bar that has a list of different types of news stories where you can just click on it to see the latest from Hasbro and such.

Also, I like the design of the page. Its white, clean looking (despite all the information) and very bright. But for some reason almost seems too bright. That could be just me though.

I think the hardest thing for me to find on the new layout was the latest posts on the forums. But I think that may be due to bad eyesight more than bad design.

About the only thing I could think of to add would be a reviews section for people who want to post reviews of products. That is, if there isn't one already and I just missed it.

(edit) also, when I go and try to read my comment, I actualy have some difficulty getting it to let me read it. It's probably something I'm doing wrong, but at the moment it is difficult for me to figure out what that is.

Thanks for the feedback. We will be making some changes as we hear what everyone wants to view most of all. As for the reviews section, we do have one but we are making a few changes to it and it will be back online soon.

It's something new so I'm really not gonna comment until I get a feel for it. It'll take time to learn to navigate and what not.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It's certainly interesting. I'm wondering, though - is there any way to see which posts are new within an individual thread? I can see New/Recent Forum Posts here and there, but is there something that I'm missing (like the changing white-to-orange icon on the old system)?

Being a person who likes to post pictures (over 600 it says), as well as view other forum members pictures, , I liked the old thumbnail pictures in the post opposed to just a link that you click on. Also, with the old thumbnails, once a picture was up, if the post had 2 to 5 photos, you just had to click on Previous or next to view the other pictures, instead of having to open them up one at a time.

I'm also having trouble grasping the new way to upload photos. Maybe it's easier than I think, but last night I tried to upload some pictures of the snow we got yesterday, and I had to upload them one at a time. The old way, I just browsed, clicked and uploaded up to 5 pictures at once.

Another thing, when viewing "new Posts" I no longer see the dividing line between the new posts from this visit, and the older unread new posts from my last visit.