Question David E. Kelly to ruin Wonder Woman?

Click here...

So, it seems that David E. Kelley has decided to bring Wonder Woman to NBC. In an effort to update the story, Kelley has chucked a good bit of the mythology.

Some of it seems to be pretty good (in theory), but a large component of it is seriously beyond stinkeroo!!!

Have a read and chime in.

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Wonder Woman doesn't need help ruining herself.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

LOL Be nice. LOL

It looks like they are trying to get Sarah Lancaster in to play the role. That doesn't bode well for another season of Chuck...

I love how this mangling of the WW concept was shopped around Hollywood and every studio turned it down for OBVIOUS reasons, with NBC being the very first studio to turn it down, and now because they have no idea how to run a network anymore, they changed their minds and said "sure we'd love to have another unwatchable mangling of a comic concept on our network".

Anyway, if that writeup on the script is accurate, and having watched David E. Kelley's "Harry's Law" lately I'd say it is, then there are kernels of good ideas buried among mountains of unwatchable crap.

And it's sad that there's another instance of these mouthpiece speeches that Kelley's characters now all ramble on with. I remember back during The Practice and Ally McBeal when the characters would speak their minds with nuance. Then Boston Legal and Boston Public took over with "big speech moments" and it got worse and worse. And with Harry's Law it's like on a schedule or something, every 19 minutes.

Clearly there's no understanding of the Wonder Woman character going on there. And casting Sarah Lancaster is a bad sign not just for Chuck, but for the tone of the character - she plays exactly what Kelley is looking for in constant over-the-top vulnerability and silliness and sweet shyness - all wrong for WW.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I remember back during The Practice and Ally McBeal when the characters would speak their minds with nuance.
    Oh? I saw Ally McBeal for about 10 minutes once and it made me feel so violent that I wanted to beat children and the elderly to death using adorable puppies and kittens. LOL

David Kelley's completely off his nut with this one. NBC is even worse!!!

I'm mostly curious how long it will take him to use a fifth dimension imp to manifest a dancing baby.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"