Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magazines

Magazines

Magazines!
    What do you subscribe to? What do you pick up? What interests do you like to read about? Below I've listed (cue BCJ's reaction) titles that I've subscribed to in the past (as a youngster) and present ( as an oldster). A lot are work related, others for pleasure. I really enjoy getting a subscription as a present: you get a gift every month! Lists, please!

American Cop
    American Handgunner
    Consumer Reports
    Guns Magazine
    Guns & Ammo
    Lee’s Action Figure News & Toy Review
    Mad Magazine
    Modern Photography
    National Geographic
    Newsweek
    Police Magazine
    Popular Mechanics
    Popular Photography
    Popular Science
    Smithsonian Air & Space
    Star Wars Insider
    Sunset Magazine
    Time Magazine
    TV Guide
    US News & World Report
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Magazines!
    What do you subscribe to? What do you pick up? What interests do you like to read about? Below I've listed (cue BCJ's reaction) titles that I've subscribed to in the past (as a youngster) and present ( as an oldster). A lot are work related, others for pleasure. I really enjoy getting a subscription as a present: you get a gift every month! Lists, please!
    Never one to pass up a list (LISTS... :drool: ) thread!

Currently, I subscribe to none; it's just too hard to find time to read non-newspaper periodicals these days. But in the past:

Boys Life
    Consumer Reports
    Highlights (Gufus and Galant! )
    Inside Sports
    National Geographic (for a year, as a gift)
    Odyssey Magazine (a kids' science and space)
    Phi Kappa Phi Forum
    Ranger Rick
    Star Wars Galaxy Collector
    Star Wars Insider
    US News & World Report

There may be others I'm forgetting, and I'm not including ones my parents got/get, (like Sunset, Conde Nast, Better Homes & Gardens, Sports Illustrated, Style, etc.).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

The only thing that I currently subscribe to is Running Times, although I read the newest edition of Runners World via my local library.

In the past I've gotten....

Boys Life
    Sports Illustrated
    Runners World
    Bicycling
    Rolling Stone
    Coalition of Historical Trekkers
    Muzzeloader
    Voyager, which is a historical publication put out by the Brown County (Wi) Historical Society.
    Some sort of museum/preservation magazine who's name escapes me.

I know there are more but off the top of my head thats what I got.

Ah, yes, I also subscribed to "Boy's Life" many moon ago. I had forgotten. Here's two current subscriptions I also forgot...They are work-related freebies (you just have to proved current employment in law enforcement) that are mainly ads interrupted by some decent articles from time to time:

Evidence Technology Magazine
    Forensic Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Ah, yes, I also subscribed to "Boy's Life" many moon ago. I had forgotten. Here's two current subscriptions I also forgot...They are work-related freebies (you just have to proved current employment in law enforcement) that are mainly ads interrupted by some decent articles from time to time:

Evidence Technology Magazine
    Forensic Magazine
    And I also realized I get two for "free" with my teacher dues:
    California Educator
    NEA Today
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I received my first issue of World War II magazine yesterday in the mail (a subscription gift from Christmas from Mrs. TI7). Judging by the cover...yep...it's about WWII!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WWII Mag.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	24516  

i think the only subscriptions I have are for Real Food and Entertainment Weekly... I'm thinking about getting subscriptions for Lee's Toy Review, Tomarts Action Figure Digest and SW Insider.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

i order gunsmoke and mad mazagine. mad is laik teh funnest of the magazines *like if you agree*
    sumtimes ppl make a war and why is for? i dno think war cool,
    *LIKE IF YOU AGREE*

Sorry to DP post, but I also like Special Forces Insider. The military is bad assssssss. oorah!