Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cape

The Cape

Okay, so I admit, it's my guilty pleasure. It's cheesy and hokey and strange, but I like it. There I admit it, I like "The Cape".

That being said, the show is now doomed to an early death.
    May the force be with you.

Don't want to be a wet blanket...but this show's already in trouble. NBC's cut their season order for this from 13 episodes to 10 so get ready...for that early death.

I was going to watch it if anyone said it was good, but, so far, you're the first person to say anything positive, and I fear it may be too late to play catch-up.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

To be honest, I've only watched the first two episodes but they left me with such a foul aftertaste and a literal headache that I've not been able to stomach the idea of watching any of the rest. The rushed pace, horrible writing, and sloppy editing in both just made it too awful to enjoy on any level.

The worst thing is that "The Cape" himself isn't even half as interesting as the supporting characters such as Glau's character. The only one more disappointing than him is the main villain, especially when they try to shoehorn in aspects to attempt relate a theme to his name, but it just comes off as nonsensical filler.

I would be surprised by NBC's hesitation in killing it, but they let Heroes go for 2 1/2 seasons longer than it should have.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I've watched every episode thus far and I'll probably continue to the end. Its alright, but nothing great. As far as superhero shows go No Ordinary Family has been more enjoyable.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I enjoy this, but I do find most shows slow moving. It's basically a show that was written by me and my buddies while high, thats what makes it great. LTBasker is right, the supporting cast is much more interesting than the main character. The Oracle, Posion Ivy, Killer Croc, Chess, and the carnies are all better written characters than the Cape.

I'm just hoping that the series doesn't end without the main character getting reprieved.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    The Oracle, Posion Ivy, Killer Croc, Chess, and the carnies are all better written characters than the Cape.
    Then again, it doesn't speak especially well for the show that 75% of the other characters that you mentioned by name, you mentioned by names of well-known Batman characters, presumably ones that are a bit too close to the characters in The Cape.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I've been enjoying the show. It's different. It would be nice to see Summer Glau on a hit show.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47150 View Post
    I've been enjoying the show. It's different. It would be nice to see Summer Glau on a hit show.
    Don't get me started on the whole TSCC thing!
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Then again, it doesn't speak especially well for the show that 75% of the other characters that you mentioned by name, you mentioned by names of well-known Batman characters, presumably ones that are a bit too close to the characters in The Cape.
    Those weren't their real names, but they might have well been. It's almost a complete Batman rip-off. That's what makes it so good (or bad). There is an assassin that specializes in natural and organic posions. A woman who have the entire city under servailence and is in The Cape's ear. There is a villian with scales instead of skin with a temper. The Cape learned his craft studying under criminals.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-