Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    Ask and you shall receive. The Star Wars advent calendar. Given how great the Pirate and two Castle advent calendars were I find this to be disappointing. The image says preliminary, so that might be some changes between now that when it goes on sale this fall.
    Thanks for that... I gotta agree, very disappointing. The little ships hold zero interest for me, and the only minifig I don't already have is the santa Yoda, which I can live without.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I'm still not sold that the Falcon is an upgrade. It looks smaller than the last one.
    If you mean is smaller than the UCS Falcon, than yes it is smaller. If you're talking about the '04 Falcon, the '11 version is slightly bigger. Both have 12 petals, but the '11 version has longer petals and the meet farther out. Plus the space between the mandibles is wider. So ever without seeing the interior I can tell you it's more than just a simple update.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Wow, I don't remember the last one I bought looking as bad as that. I guess it is time for an update.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I'm still not sold that the Falcon is an upgrade. It looks smaller than the last one.
    Definitely agree that it doesn't look like an upgrade, but it may have a better interior - I was pretty disappointed with the slab interior of the most recent one I have, the one that looks similar to this.

Wow, I don't remember the last one I bought looking as bad as that. I guess it is time for an update.
    It doesn't, that's a prelim shot, you can tell because the cockpit doesn't have its tampo. There's also none of the detail panels. It's a bad angle too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So I was on the set Brickset and saw this image of a new UCS set. Somebody at Lego messed up a leaked image on the office site. It's been taken down and likely won't be on Brickset too much longer.

I'm kind of interested this one. Normally I don't get the UCS sets. I have no idea where I'd put something this big, but that's a question for a later day.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Target has the Battle Packs (although, oddly not the Clone Troopers one) for $8 this week. I picked up the Mando set (cool guns with it).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

There has been a lot of lego Star Wars sales this week. Target has the battle packs, Walmart has an end cap, and TRU has some sets 20-30 percent of.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I know this is not a NEW set but just had to say that I found an awesome deal at Toys R Us this past weekend. I picked up the AT-AT for $80. Loved saving the $40 on this bad boy. I just wish I could open it up now. But it's for my son's birthday next month. May 23rd please hurry. LOL

I'm relatively new to Star Wars Lego collecting. I had picked up the 1st at-at, the UCS star Destroyer, an older X-wing with Dagobah set, Midi scale Falcon, and the TIE defender over the years. Lately, since Hasbro has been giving me nothing to spend my money on, I've started getting into lego and I've picked up Home one, the newer arc-170, the new slave one, and a B-wing.

I really want a republic gunship, at-te, and Laat, but they're a little too much to pull the trigger on (especially since two of them are retired right now.) I am leaning towards picking up the LAAT with at-ot though and have faith that the other two will be re-released at some point.

The new super star destroyer due out later this year will be mine days after it's released.

What, in your opinions, are the must have sets that have come out over the years?

The problem with most sets are the fact that Lego redoes them every few years and upgrades them in a way that the old sets are irrelevant. The X-wing is a perfect example. The first one was good, but as lego has evolved, the x-wing has gotten so much better that the original one is better used as spare parts.

To answer your question though, it's best to consider which ones Lego won't redo. I think the Endor Bunker set is one that would be worth picking up. A couple of years ago there was a special Cloud City set that Lego won't redo, but I wouldn't waste your money on it. USC Death Star 2 and the walking Imperial Walker are two of my favorites.