Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Article: Toy Fair 2011 Coverage

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Vintage Collection Revenge of the Jedi SDCC-exclusive set prelim photos are posted under Basic Figures.

Make sure to click each pic to see it full-sized, especially those tall photos, they're really detailed. Plus, Mace Windu on Slave Leia Revenge of the Jedi card.

Really loving the Jedi Force kiddie line. May get into those.

The Rebel Fleet Trooper looks to have gray eyebrows, so it could work for Pello Scrambas after all. Very cool. It also looks like he's packed with accessories so he'll work on Yavin. The baseball hat is a hoot, but I'm not sure I remember them wearing that in the film (I know some guys did, but I didn't think it was these ones). I'll get several of this guy.

Nom Anor has a plastic cape in the slideshow and a cloth one on display, while Barriss is the opposite. Hopefully they're as they are in the booth, which looks better on each one.

Logray's articulated elbows are very unexpected, but also very welcome.

I'm glad to be getting two skiff guards in a short amount of time. Very cool!

Bespin, er, Millennium Falcon Repair Han is a bit strange. The holster is new, but they didn't have it connected to his leg like I'd hoped. His legs also look a bit skinny still, but overall they look better than before (and appear to be ball-jointed). I like that they're combing the movies for accessories and outfits so thoroughly, finally, between this, Echo Base Han, and Dagobah Landing Luke.

The new Hoth trooper is pretty much an upgrade to the vintage version, which is great.

Dr. Evazan is certainly a whole hell of a lot better than the 1997 one!

The new realistic clone body is a bit more accurate, but like Han, the legs are so skinny. The head sculpt is a bit funky as well. On Fordo, it's great that you can create both versions, but what's up with his phase II helmet? It's clearly based on the animated version, but I always thought that was supposed to be just their way of doing the Neyo-style helmet, so it looks a bit strange.

Overall, I'm surprised by how many secondary characters are here. I know Hasbro said that the first few waves of vintage would be main characters, then they'd focus more on background guys, but still. It's great for collectors, but hopefully they'll all do well.

Barriss, Logray, Nom Anor, Ponda Baba, and especially Dr. Cornelius "Roofoo" Evazan* will be mine. O yes.

*--I don't give a rat's if they've retconned his name into something else. That's the way I interpret his name from the various aliases he's had in the past.

Based on the images from the back of the Death Star set, it looks like the B-wing pilot is just a repack of Keyan Farlander from the Evolution set. However, the Rebel Commando looks like he'll have a black variant head, so at least there's some newness there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    However, the Rebel Commando looks like he'll have a black variant head, so at least there's some newness there.
    That really grinds my gears, when you've got to get 12 figures to get the one new one. I just hope if that's true that he finds his way onto a single cardiac sooner than later cause this set is an easy pass for me.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    That really grinds my gears, when you've got to get 12 figures to get the one new one. I just hope if that's true that he finds his way onto a single cardiac sooner than later cause this set is an easy pass for me.
    These figures are also being released individually to retail on the Revenge of the Jedi cards, so you should find your gears unground. The only things exclusive to the set are the Salacious Crumb card, Mouse Droid card, and outer Death Star packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    These figures are also being released individually to retail on the Revenge of the Jedi cards, so you should find your gears unground. The only things exclusive to the set are the Salacious Crumb card, Mouse Droid card, and outer Death Star packaging.
    Sounds good to me, I'll load up on the TIE pilot as well, though I still think it could use some work before it's a perfect figure.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

LEGO Toy Fair coverage is up.

The Lego Republic Cruiser looks really nifty, reminds me of some of the classic Space sets of my youth.

I wonder what those Miniland figures are. My guess is exclusives, but how cool would it be if they finally pulled the trigger on official Miniland model figures?

The new Falcon's interior looks really similar to the 4504. The underside may be spartan, but they got the lower gun right.