Article: Hasbro Republic Attack Shuttle Playset Transformation Photo

Interesting... Toy Fair is right around the corner and SSG will be there so we should see it there.

It's not what I expected, and at first I wasn't sure I dug it, but if the wings can pivot a little farther so it's show-accurate, I think I'll like this one. It's nifty to have a flying base for the Troopers, I have been very clone-centric with my CW purchases and this will go nicely with that.

It's not what I expected, either. A transforming playset?

I'm just going to hang the ship in a diorama, so I guess I don't care.

But I think the vehicles should stay functioning as vehicles. For example, if rumors about a Big Jawa Sandcrawler pan out to be true, I don't want an AOTC Geonosian Droid Factory playset inside of it. Now I'd actually BUY a Geonosian Droid Factory playset. I just don't want it inside my Sandcrawler who's "authentic - i.e. Incredible Cross-Sections" interior I'd want preserved. Imagine if Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Meditation Chamber had been inserted inside the BAT-AT. I don't think people would have appreciated that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It's not what I expected, either. A transforming playset?

I'm just going to hang the ship in a diorama, so I guess I don't care.

But I think the vehicles should stay functioning as vehicles. For example, if rumors about a Big Jawa Sandcrawler pan out to be true, I don't want an AOTC Geonosian Droid Factory playset inside of it. Now I'd actually BUY a Geonosian Droid Factory playset. I just don't want it inside my Sandcrawler who's "authentic - i.e. Incredible Cross-Sections" interior I'd want preserved. Imagine if Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Meditation Chamber had been inserted inside the BAT-AT. I don't think people would have appreciated that.
    I have to agree with you. While I love the design of the ship, I don't want a Transformers version of the ship, I want the most accurate version of the ship that they can possibly make. Maybe kids might like that feature but for collectors it makes it nothing more than a background item.

Now for the Jawa Sandcrawler, I don't mind a BAD parts and some sort of factory type of situation but I want the inside of the Sandcrawler to look the way its meant to look. I don't want some big Transformer vehicle.
    Good trader(s): TheDarthVader...thanks!