Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Scum has a pic from the showroom of the Death Star set....

Looks like:

Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight (w/ Manacles)
    Stormtrooper
    Han Solo: Endor Gear
    R2-D2: Jabba's Sail Barge
    Darth Vader
    B-Wing Pilot
    Salacious Crumb

Admiral Ackbar
    Boba Fett
    Endor Rebel Soldier
    Wicket
    Slave Leia
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    Mouse Droid

The new Galactic Heroes line looks good also. Finally a real Landspeeder! And a new Jar Jar!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DS Set.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	24532
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New GH.jpg  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The figure choices are good, and the Salacious Crumb and Mouse Droid cards are cute ideas, but I'll pass on that set. The figures are mostly repacks anyway, and while I do like the cards, I have no doubt this will be an expensive set (especially due to its exclusivity). When they're released individually, I wonder how they'll deal with some of the figures - namely Leia (will they include her extra bottom half?) and the B-wing pilot (will it have a new head, at least?). In the Forcecast, Derryl said that the TIE Fighter Pilot was a good enough figure to go on a vintage card as it is, saying that ankles are overrated.

I get the feeling the Death Star Revenge set at SDCC won't be more than buying them at retail, but that's still around $120. I'm only considering buying it because I just booked my hotel and got a discount (I'm paying less for 4 nights than most con-goers are paying for 1).

I don't understand how they can go without ankle articulation, that's the most important joint below the waist joint IMO because it makes the knees and hips usable, otherwise the figure would just fall over.

Looks like the new Jedi Babies line (or whatever it's called) with the big shoulders and small waists will be reusing some GH vehicles. I think the Snowspeeder and Jedi Starfighter are rehashes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I see from other sites' notes that one of the Star Tours sets will have the Utai. Sweet!

I can't wait for pictures!
    I was really excited to read this, until I saw a pic.... looks like he'll be dressed in bright orange instead of dark green. Oh well, better than not getting him at all I suppose.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

The figure-and-vehicle sets for The Clone Wars look like they're moving in a very mini-rig sort of direction, with small ships based on bigger ones from the series and films. From the show, we're getting Boba and Castas with their speeders - and Boba has his Man With No Name poncho. Sweet!

I saw that about the Utai as well. It's not even the unreleased mold. Oh well. I'm at least glad they're figuring into the ride. Looks like that set also has one of the window droids from AOTC, albeit in a different color.

A CARDED MOUSE DROID?! A CARDED MOUSE DROID?! A CARDED MOUSE DROID?! A CARDED MOUSE DROID?! :craA CARDED MOUSE DROID?! zed: A CARDED MOUSE DROID?! A CARDED MOUSE DROID?! A CARDED MOUSE DROID?! I'm getting dizzy right, now. I have to step away from my computer...

35 vintage figures to me spells the end of the uniqueness of that line. Good job Hasbro.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

When has the line ever been "unique"? Besides, 35 over a year isn't exactly a lot.

When they had just the original few when they first came out. I was under the impression that they were gonna a) only release a few a year and b) keep to just figures that were actually released on the vintage cards. To me ROTS isn't quite vintage...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

You can blame the people that really liked the Vintage card design.

They kept calling for more. And then for figures that never had vintage versions.

And then people wanted Prequel characters on Vintage style cards. So Hasbro gave them what they wanted.