Article: Jedi in Carbonite is Just the Start of This Week's Clone Wars

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The notes about Tarkin make me very nervous. I don't have a problem in concept with them using Tarkin, the guy is old and very high ranked in ANH, so it's got to come from somewhere. But what's being described is suggesting something over the top, and I hope that's not the case.

As for putting themselves into carbonite, it takes away from the idea in ESB being novel, which I don't care for. But at least the REASON for them doing it here isn't the same thing, which the preview made it seem like it would be.

With yet another trilogy about to get underway, I do wonder if they've lost the ability to tell stories efficiently. They seem to have almost entirely forgotten that a war is going on, as well.

I've given up on Clone Wars, but couldn't help noticing the title of this story. It's always bugged me that carbonite freezing seems to be a common form of imprisonment in the EU, and has for been used this way for ages, though the discussion between Lando and Vader in ESB almost implies that it's some bizarre notion that Vader got into his head and there's a huge chance it won't work.

I've been disturbed by the carbonite thing as well. It seems that almost nothing is sacred. Just like Chux said the Vader/Lando convo made it seem like nobody had ever thought of putting anyone in it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I kind of think it's cool, almost as if it's the reason the idea got put in Vader's head. It still doesn't excuse the cheep writing.