This Weekend Is My Big Writers' Conference

Tomorrow I start my one-on-one interviews with about a dozen literary agents to learn why they will not be able to sell my work - or if I get my big break, quite the opposite.

I've done everything I can and my novel represents years of work and thousands of dollars invested in it.

These are serious times for my career path I've chosen.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Best of luck to you, Josh! *fingers crossed*
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I think you should ask if Mr. Grant or Mr. Franklin can help you... :handshakewithunmarkedbills:

I wish you luck, and the Force!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Thanks all. I had 7 professional meetings. 4 literary agents accepted my work to see if they could sell it for publication. 1 film industry agent asked me for my story treatment for soliciting the sequel (first - and out of order - but OK - I'd love to see these made into movies!). A 6th meeting was with a script doctor who was just critiquing my story set-up. It was Erik Bork who won the Emmy for Band of Brothers. I've been working with him several occaasions now and he really likes my story. The 7th meeting was with an agent who does not handle historical fiction. Whoops. Not my mistake though - she was listed as wanting that kind of material in the agent guidebook for the convention. Anyway, she did say it was good though.

So now my book is being reviewed around the country - just by professionals. But I've done the best job I can and it's now up to fate to decide its future.

I'm going to work on another project and take a break from 1862.

But just getting my book placed into the agencies for consideration is a huge step! I was very successful.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.