Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I recant. Imp Officer is okay.

I guess the fact that I found 3 of them at my local TRU as well as Rebel Fleet Troopers has changed my mind. I guess I was talking out of frustration for buying at an inflated price from a scalper because I didn't think these guys would be found. (the guy at TRU said they were just put out, and I was the first one to get them all) 3 Imp Ofcrs, 2 RFT's, Black Queen, Fx-7 (already had one of each of the Queen and Fx-7 but couldn't resist myself when I know I can put these in other dioramas.
    Move along, move along

Re: I recant. Imp Officer is okay.

Originally posted by jedi master sal
    I guess the fact that I found 3 of them at my local TRU as well as Rebel Fleet Troopers has changed my mind. I guess I was talking out of frustration for buying at an inflated price from a scalper because I didn't think these guys would be found. (the guy at TRU said they were just put out, and I was the first one to get them all) 3 Imp Ofcrs, 2 RFT's, Black Queen, Fx-7 (already had one of each of the Queen and Fx-7 but couldn't resist myself when I know I can put these in other dioramas.
    So he no longer stinks to high heaven? Coolness. The Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper were two of the best POTJ figures, IMHO. Sure there are ways of making them better, but for what we got they are great army builders. I need to find myself a couple more officers and RFT myself right now, I hate how stores arn't ordering much right now.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I didn't have to pay an inflated price...

from the onset. I really like this figure. He is SO retro looking. I think it's almost comical. He and BoShek! Those sideburns! Hahahahahaaaa!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

What's in a name?

Who came up with the name BoShek anyway?

Sounds like B.S. Oh wait those are his initials... coincidence?

Can always use him for 60's and 70's diorama of american astronaughts (providing you could find enough of him) I think I will call my BoShek (when I get him), Buzz, for Buzz Aldrin (not Buzz Lightyear) ha ha!
    Move along, move along

Re: I recant. Imp Officer is okay.

Originally posted by jedi master sal
    I guess the fact that I found 3 of them at my local TRU as well as Rebel Fleet Troopers has changed my mind. I guess I was talking out of frustration for buying at an inflated price from a scalper because I didn't think these guys would be found.
    Congrats JMS! That's quite a find! I understand where you are coming from though, those scalpers sure make it difficult for those of us who love and enjoy SW and collecting the figures. I always think of it this way...I've spent a few bucks more than I should on some of my figures...the one's I REALLY want and then I've also gotten very lucky and gotten many figures for a $1.97, ie: all of the comtech chip classic figures - stormtrooper, R2, darth, leia, motti etc. So I figure it all just balances out eventually! Again congrats on your find, my TRU and other toystores I visit still have the lando/jar jar w/tongue wave

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Yay, another person to see the figure light!

Nice find btw, too bad you didn't find more RFTs, they rock.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Right on Master Sal! The Imperial Officer is a great figure. Hasbro needs to make more Star Wars characters with sideburns. Like General Tagge!

Bring it on Hasbro!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    The Imperial Officer would be better if Hasbro released more of them and released them to Canada. How I wish it had the distribution that the Bespin Guard had. If only the Imperial Officer was as big of a peg warmer as the Bespin Guard...I would have been a happy, happy man a couple of weeks ago when I saw the Bespin Guard for $3.00. Here's hoping that I can find 9 more Imperial Officers at a decent retail price.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

The Imp Officer isn't bad, but it could be better. I hate how cruddy the imp insignia on his shoulder looks, and the rubbery material they used to make him is pretty lame too. But the figure in this wave that REALLY stinks is Amidala Decoy, dang did that thing reek when I opened it this evening! I still feel a little sick from that smell!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I liked the whole wave, and still do. I found them all today, I bought only one Imperial Officer and 2 Rebel Fleet Troopers, but there were a lot of RFT left. I got the last Imperial Officer. Check your TRUs, there were TONS at mine. They also had the R2-Q5 wave, with R2-Q5's left, too!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower