Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Packaging

It is all about being mr. popular. Darth Maul is a very popular character, and I have to admit that I am a fan. I have not seen his saga legends figure around these parts because he sells fast. The way he moved during the lightsaber battle in TPM was graceful and precise. I liked that. How much screen time did Boba Fett have in the OT? Not that much. And look how popular he came to be as Lucas put him in the back-story as a cloned child of Jango Fett! If you really think about it.......how crazy is that? Anyway, I guess if they ever put Boba as the core character (on the design of the main cards) I'd be cool with it.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Like Boba Fett?

Has Han ever been on a packaging style? Or the two droids? I know we've had:
    - Vader
    - Maul
    - Clones
    - Prequel Obi-Wan
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    I do like seeing "The Phantom Menace" on the vintage cards...I hope we get some great re-dos of the main characters (including Jar Jar...there, I said it )....
    Attachment 24595
    Well, there is a Jar Jar planned for the E1 Vintage wave for next year. So yipee!!

I really hope we eventually get some good figures based on his E2 costumes though.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Like Boba Fett?

Has Han ever been on a packaging style? Or the two droids? I know we've had:
    - Vader
    - Maul
    - Clones
    - Prequel Obi-Wan
    We've also had:
    • Luke and Leia (1978-79 Star Wars cards)
    • C-3PO and R2-D2 (Droids cards)
    • Wicket (Ewoks cards)
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'd like Han on the card. That would be cool with me.

Yeah Bel...EVERYONE likes Boba Fett. Get with the program!

Errr well.....I did like him in the original ESB.......when he had an ORIGINAL cool voice....and um.....not Jango's voice.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Boba Fett was never cool.

He was all style over substance and was killed by a blind man.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Boba Fett was always cool.

But only visually.

Very much like Darth Maul.

No, wait, Darth Maul kicked butt in his short appearance. Boba Fett never did anything but look imposing.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm on the fence with the new packaging... it looks like the TAC packaging mixed with the Legacy and current Shadows of the Dark Side.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The new packaging is okay. It seems the longer Hasbro has the line, less interesteing the packaging.
    To celebrate Episode 1 does make me want to buy them unless it is new cur of the film.
    I heard they will leave the vintage packaging the same for now.
    However, with the current prices, it really does not matter how it looks.
    Thank you.
    [FONT=Verdana]If you wish to contact me, you should contact me via e-mail:swfan3@hotmail.com. Thanks.[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by DTMAN View Post
    The new packaging is okay. It seems the longer Hasbro has the line, less interesteing the packaging.
    To celebrate Episode 1 does make me want to buy them unless it is new cur of the film.
    I heard they will leave the vintage packaging the same for now.
    However, with the current prices, it really does not matter how it looks.
    Thank you.
    Hasbro doesn't design the packaging. Lucasfilm contracts that task out to the graphic design firm, PILOT, to handle the packaging designs for the entire Star Wars brand. Which is why Hasbro and Lego, two completely separate companies, use the same designs.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis