Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Glad to see more folks participating!

Some great comments, a lot of food for thought. We don't get to talk about collecting all that much lately with crazy amounts of unfindable product followed by very small bursts of finds, so it's neat to have this type of conversation here.

Sonofsokol surprised me by admitting to collecting Mighty Beanz, nobody has been talking about them, I wasn't sure they ever sold in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Sonofsokol surprised me by admitting to collecting Mighty Beanz, nobody has been talking about them, I wasn't sure they ever sold in stores.
    What can I say, I bought a couple packs just to check them out and I got hooked. My boys (5 and 2) have fun with them too. We have both the Darth Vader Collector tin/case and the new-ish Millennium Falcon case as well.

Edit: This was my 500th post

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    What can I say, I bought a couple packs just to check them out and I got hooked. My boys (5 and 2) have fun with them too. We have both the Darth Vader Collector tin/case and the new-ish Millennium Falcon case as well.

Edit: This was my 500th post
    I bought a bunch for my son. They were marked down to a buck at Walmart.

Best Animated figure
    I only bought two so I will put them both. Cad Bane and T-Series Tactical Droid

Best Realistic figure
    It's really hard to distinguish between the vintage ROTJ wave, but I'll pick Ackbar. I love this figure.

Worst Basic figure
    Since I don't buy every figure anymore the worst figure is Hondo Ohnaka and that's only because I never saw him.

Best Deluxe figure with Vehicle
    I passed on these, but only because I finally found Bane. Otherwise I would have picked up Bane's speeder bike.

Best Multipack
    The only one I bought was the Mandalorian pack and that was disappointing. I would have purchased the Force Unleashed pack if the figures had been packed differently.

Best Vehicle
    AT-AT

Best Oddity
    The unreleased in the states Kohl's exclusive GH AT-ST.

Surprise of the Year
    I suppose that Jabba's Throne would be the best fit here, especially since I got it for 16 bucks, but I think the fact we finally got the Solo twins was the best surprise.

Most Wanted Figure
    A stormtrooper, scout trooper, and Mara Jade that is perfect. Spirit of Qui-Gon.

Most wanted Vehicle
    A perfect speeder bike. TIE defender.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsokol View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, you're allowed to like what you like, I just didn't know anybody was into them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No worries JT, I didn't think you were being negative. That's why I love this forum, so many people have different opinions and it is fun that we can all enjoy Star Wars in our own ways.

By the way, have you seen the new Mighty Beanz TRU-exclusive Death Star?!?!?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pTRU1-8970775dt.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	24632

My collecting scope is still narrowing way way way down to the point where I am purchasing very little unless it's something I really like, but the things that I bought (or received as gifts) in 2010 were all winners.

My favorites:

- The Big AT-AT and the little (Galactic Heroes) AT-AT. My nephews (6 and 3) love them both!
    - The new PT/Clone Wars Slave I (looking forward to the OT version, while unconfirmed is completely inevitable).
    - The Force FX removable blade sabers (I received the Darth Maul saber for my birthday last month and they did a great job re-engineering it). I am looking forward to the Ultimate FX series for kids coming this summer.
    - Fixer and Boss for the Galactic Heroes line. The Republic Commandos are my favorite design of troopers and I am disappointed that they are scuttling the line before they make Sev and Scorch (and other "big" vehicles for the line.
    - The ARC Trooper and Mandalorian battle packs were the only battle packs I bought this year, but they are pretty neat I and I am glad I found them.
    - The all new Snowspeeder was well done and it was pretty neat that they included 2 sets of guns. Who knew that making something SMALLER would make it better?!
    - The Vintage collection is a nice shot in the arm and I have purchased a few figures here and there. I am looking forward to some of the EU figures like Fordo.

Moving forward, I am looking forward to getting the Republic Attack Shuttle and some of the smaller vehicles like the Jedi Speeder and I will continue to collect the FX sabers.

BEST ANIMATED BASIC FIGURES:
    Probably the Flame Thrower Clone Trooper. The accessory is just plain fun.

BEST REALISTIC BASIC FIGURES: Admiral Ackbar

WORST BASIC FIGURES: um...clone wars arf trooper

BEST DELUXE FIGURE AND VEHICLE:
    To me, they all stank. If a speeder bike (new and retooled) had been released I would have voted for it)

BEST BATTLE PACK / MULTI-PACK / COMIC PACK:
    Probably the hard to find in the wild arc troopers battle pack.

BEST VEHICLE OF THE YEAR:
    I was very happy to see the re-release of the FALCON. Because I missed it the first time around. That being said, I will still have to vote for the AT-AT.

BEST ODDITY:
    Willrow Hood's ice cream accessory

SURPRISE OF THE YEAR:
    smiling luke exclusive figure

MOST WANTED 3 3/4" FIGURES:
    the rest of the vintage figures redone, more pilots, more droids (especially r2s, r3s, r4s, and r5s)

MOST WANTED VEHICLES:
    Sail Barge.....natuarlly

MOST ANTICIPATED FOR 2011:
    New droids, original trilogy vintage figures

2010 STAR WARS FIGURE OF THE YEAR: Gamorrean Guard