Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I would like to take a moment to thank JediTricks for transporting this thread to the new forums so that it would not die an untimely death. However I am rather disappointed in the turnout on this thread. I was hopeful that a groundswell of support for the Eopie would be evident here. There have to be more than just a small handful of supporters for an Eopie re-release. Please post, even if it is just to say "Count me in!" I want to send a message to Hasbro that we still want the the things they've already released, even if in different packaging. They need to take a cue from their predecessors, the old Kenner. I remember seeing the original (mold) Luke Skywalker (ANH garb) on a Return of the Jedi card. Kenner kept (to some degree) every single figure in circulation for almost the entire run of the four series they produced (Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, POTF). This has never been seen before or since. The secret is moderation. I applaud Hasbro's approach to keeping the core figures out there for fans and kids with brand new sculpts, but what if a kid wants 2-1B or Lak Sivrak? Try a limited rerelease of older, no need for improvement figures sometime. And get the Falumpaset, Eopie, Han Solo w/TaunTaun, and Luke w/Wampa back out there!

I hear you Troche...
    ...I mean JediCole! If people are spending $125.00 and up on ebay on all of these items why can't we get these things back out on the shevles. There is obousley a market people still want them come on make some money Hasbro! Your true bread and butter is hurting here, We are the ones who spend the money wouldn't you rather all that money was going into your pocket instead of a scalper's? Yes it might not be $125.00 but it would still be money in the bank. I don't know maybe i'm all wrong and i'm waisting my time talking about the wrong thing or a subject that I don't fully understand. Iwould just like to see fans like myself and Troche...
    ...I mean JediCole that don't want to spend $125.00 on theses great figs.Oh well I feel like I am banging my head on the wall so I will stop.
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Yeah! Who the heck WANTS to spend that kind of money on this thing when Hasbro still has the ability to make more?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JediCole, count me in !

JediTricks, you have a great view - why would someone shell out such cash on a toy only 2 years old?

Not sure about the Eopie thing but I think it has some similarities to the Kaadu as well as the Falumpaset. So, not too interested in that as in most of the EPI products.
    But if this post number is important to let Hasbro re-release the beast, I'm all for supporting.
    But as QLD mentioned, if it piled the shelves, nobody will be interested and its quite true.

Originally posted by Caesar
    JediCole, count me in !

JediTricks, you have a great view - why would someone shell out such cash on a toy only 2 years old?
    Well, the basic 2 reasons I can think of are
    1. GCEA, or "gotta catch 'em all" syndrome - the need to have everything, no matter the cost
    2. Desparation - the fear that something you want is going away forever and the remaining stock in the world of this item is rapidy dwindling.
    I can admit to paying somewhat outrageous sums on a few items I really wanted in the past, but those days are rapidly getting further and further away as Hasbro does more and more goofy stuff like the Fambaa at FAO. Who's brilliant idea was it to make a toy without articulation, to make it exclusive to the most expensive of all the "retail partners", and to jack the price sky high only to let it get slashed in half many many months later when they'd all collected an inch of dust?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'll sign on for the Eopie! I had to trade a pile of figs & money for that one. It would be nice to go to Walmart and pick up a couple.

JT also brought up another point that has been mentioned before on and off in these forums. Why can't Hasbro just repackage the hard to find figs/toys on POTJ cards? That would not diminish the value of existing figs, while allowing others to get items that are selling for 3-4x their retail price on the secondary market.

Hasbro claims they thought we wouldn't like that, so they promised not to do it. I don't know why Hasbro does a lot of the stuff they do though, it's like they're TRYING to jack-up the aftermarket prices on these things, I guess they want scalpers to buy more of 'em or something. I say "make a loophole, repaint the figure like General Leia (except make it not be junky like that figure), give it a new accessory, and sell it under a new name. Repaint the CTC Stormie to have a SHINY costume, give it wrist articulation, and call it "Stormtrooper - Emperor's Arrival" or some goofy nonsense that gets this figure back into the hands of those who want it.

I agree with the Tricks on this one. I wouldn't care if it was A repaint or or if they changed something I just want the thing and not have to spend the kind of money there asking for it on EBAY! Save us Hasbro from the darkness of the scalpers hands!Sometimes this hobbie gets taken away from because of the scalpers. (not dealers, scalpers!)
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

As I've said before, I wouldn't care if the Eopie came in My Little Pony packaging if I could get the stinkin' thing! It was one of the E1 pieces I was most looking forward to, and I still don't have one because I refuse to pay the scalpers' prices. If it was an extra five bucks, it'd be one thing. More than triple retail is out of the question.

Most of the later E1 stuff is impossible to find. Why not release it under the POTJ label, or even on "Episode One Classics" cards?
    Tommy, close your eyes.