Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Surprise!

I'd have to say my biggest Star Wars suprise was December 1995. (My birthday is in that month so that added to it) and the reason why that's so special is because for my birthday I got all of the first POTF2 figures and the Landspeeder, then for Christmas I got the AT-ST, X-wing, TIE Fighter and Falcon.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

My ex girlfriend got me a Geonosian warrior while she was shopping....
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

During the Episode 1 fast food toy craze my mom would regulary bring me the toys or cup toppers without myself asking.

She also offers to pay for a lot of my Star Wars merchandise (she knows how heavy a spender I am for SW stuff) but I decline. She shouldn't have to spend her own money to support my habit. Once in a while though, she'll buy me figures like the POTF2 jawa 2 pack and a Saga R2-D2 (her excuse, "because I love the figures." She does. but I feel she buys them to make me happier, not herself.) Usually though, I refuse to accept any of her $$$.

Except during Christmas and birthdays of course. And and day of the week that ends with the letter 'y.'
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Just the other day, my women got me a Nexu without even asking. It was doubly special for me since the Nexu is the only decent figure to come out in the last few months. With the sound chip and the prehensile tail? SWEEEEET!

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

i don't remember this, as it was all secret, but i was told the story much later... one christmas was the year of the ewok village craze, and my mom was looking all over for it... so much so that she was enlisting all kinds of help. after weeks of searching, she found one. and so did two other "agents." making three, naturally... of course, we only needed one... so the other two went back to the store. oh, if only those two were still in my possession, MINT IN BOX!!!! it just hurts to think about what could've been.... *sigh*
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

whoa, chill the [EDITED] out guys. I was simply stating that I have never met/heard of another Gay man who was into (no pun inteneded) star wars before, (allthough I always wondered about Hamil)

I wasn't trying to OUT anyone, just make the rest of you that kept replying with the ignorant pre-disposition feel stupid.

This weekend I met Billy Dee Williams at a Toy fare, he was charging 30$ to have autographs, my PARTNER, offered to pay for it, which was fine, at first.

Then I started to think about this Message Board, and Jargo's statements on how love has no dollar signs, I refused to let him pay for it, he looked a little hurt, but then I told him, "Your My Lando, who needs him anyway."

lambchops.

Mod Note:Trying to get around the auto censor is no allowed. Removed offensive word
    DA
    Last edited by Dar' Argol; 08-26-2002 at 11:22 PM.

Lambchops, say hello to DeadEye for me, please.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Edited

(sorry that joke was uncalled for, but don't worry it didn't involve anyone who posted in this thread, plus I shouldn't be bashing on DeadEye while he's not here to defend himself)
    Last edited by bigbarada; 08-26-2002 at 03:57 PM.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Well nice to see nothing ever changes...

My biggest surprise had to be my 28th birthday which was the first one I had spent with my wife-to-be and she surprised me with the talking Darth Vader bank. It was the first time since I was a kid that anybody got me anything Star Wars related. It was also the first time somebody actually listened to what I really wanted.

Any wonder I'm marrying her? :bliss:
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Bill, we could star in our own documentary...

Star Wars Buffs and the Women who love them.

My wife bought me all the figures between the summer of '99 and '00 while I was in Korea and all the figures from the last quarter of '01 while I was deployed to Kuwait. I just gave her a description to her on what to look for.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".