Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprise!

Hybrid View

Talking Surprise!

Yesterday, my partner who is not a star wars fan in any way shape or form came home from shopping in town and handed me a bag which contained A bespin guard and a sandtrooper (plus three POTF2 stormtroopers ) totally out of the blue and totally unexpected. Simply out of love for yours truly. I was gobsmacked and delighted that not only had I recieved a present of 'toys' from a non toy person but that it was actually what I had been looking for. What a lovely thing to do for me.

So I thought I'd start this thread to ask what surprises you have had that brought you star wars things you didn't expect.

My gf (see thread Girlfriend hates my toys) bought me an EPI Yoda and Watto for present on Christmas of 99'. That was it till today. Yes, I've waited a past the millenium with no luck

Man, your woman must really love you, Jargo, to buy you Star Wars stuff if she isn't a Star Wars fan.

If only I could be so lucky.

I've had friends over the years given my Star Wars stuff like SW glasses,Toys,Theatre Posters and more

Always nice of them to do that
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

3PO/R2 electronic coin bank for x-mas or my birthday, don't remember which. But I played with that sucker for a LOOONG time, it's still right here next to me. It was the hit of that gift-giving day, everybody was pushing the button to see it go.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Lightbulb

Sometime around 1983 = Scout Walker, for an Easter present
    I ocassionally get "odd" SW gifts for Christmas, like the Jar Jar Wake-Up System (isn't as bad as some may think), calendars, pencils, greeting cards (well, I guess these aren't really odd ). No one ever buys me figures or toys because they have no idea what I have or don't. I don't understand it; here's a conversation: "What ones don't you have?" "Darth Maul Sith Apprentice, Queen Amidala Theed Invasion, Tessek, R2-Q9, and Lando Calrissian Bespin Escape." Silence.
    "That's what Sheev said."

My mom put the IG-88 and Boba Fett 2-pack figures on my birthday cake on year...that was pretty surprising, although I must say it was hell getting the cake iceing off IG-88's feet.
    Last edited by Starfig873; 08-27-2001 at 11:39 AM.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

I opened my 12" Cap'n Tarpals, but wasn't sure how to display him. I came home from work the next day, and my girlfriend had set him up on a counter with straw around his feet--it looks incredible! She's called me from stores before to ask which figures I need and, though she normally doesn't surprise me with Star Wars stuff (she's afraid I'll already have something), she did pick up the overpriced-but-nice Queen Amidala's Amulet book.

But I'm not sure if that compares to my dad coming home when I was a youngin with Blue Snags in his shirt pocket (he was a toy department manager at Sears and apparently this figure was savaged from an otherwise damaged Cantina Playset that had been returned).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

my sister likes going to goodwill to find good deals on stuff and sometimes she finds some cool star wars stuff there. She got me a stack of vintage star wars trading cards there for somewhere between 50 cents and a dollar. Target gives stuff to this goodwill and they gave some 12" Han Solo in Carbonite firures to GW and they sold 'em for $5!! That was a good deal. The only problem was that goodwill put a big GW on the box.

It was our 1st or maybe our 3rd Christmas together.My wife gave me not one but many star wars gifts.Mostly vehicles,like x-wing,slave 1,tie fighter and Darth's tie and a few more.Yes I was blown away by this.She's too good to me,I'm lucky!
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."