Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got the Separatist Droid Gunship!

My Separatist Droid Gunship arrived today from Hasbro Toy Shop!

I plan to open it later, but it looks awesome. I really wanted this to complete my Kashyyyk battle scene.

The back of the box shows the front module separates and a Battle Droid can fly off in it. With the rest of the ship essentially being a saucer, I wonder if they can recycle most parts to this and create Hondo Ohnaka's Rapier-One?

I'd buy that, too!

Anyway, it feels great getting my Separatists more firepower.

I only ordered one of these (for the Kashyyyk movie scene). It sort of disappoints that I don't have a reason to fleet-build with it, but it's also nice to have a unique toy in my collection, like the Turbo Tank also is.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm awaiting mine from an HTS order, which should arrive any day now. I agree that, while a rather neat vehicle, its not really "fleet building" worthy like an AT-AT or TIE Fighter.

I never fleet built with the AT-AT, even back in 1999 or was it 2000? Toys R Us actually sold through a pile of AT-ATs for $10 each!!!

I was there and didn't buy 1 of them. A friend and fellow diorama enthusiast bought 10, to spend $100 total. The '98 AT-AT originally debuted at $80 back in the day.

My Battle of Hoth diorama is set for a 6 foot "terranium style" display case. The 1998 AT-AT fits in there, with ONE AT-ST and the Probot. Imperial snowtroopers are debarking and facing Hoth Rebel Soldiers on the vintage Turret / Probot Playset, and Imperial Attack Base. Luke's 1996 Snowspeeder is crashed with Luke stepping out (Dead Dak in the back). Wedge and his co-pilots are flying two more 1996 snowspeeders, suspended by fishing wire.

I believe "less is more." I got the point across by designing this display.

For Kashyyyk - the ONLY display I have planned with the Droid Gunship, it, along with 2 Corporate Alliance Tank Droids, perhaps the camaouflaged Hailfire variant (because I bought that not knowing if the Tank Droid or other Separatist vehicles would ever get done), along with a Homing Spider Droid and the Dwarf Spider Droid will comprise the invaders. I only need that ONE Droid Gunship!

The Separatists face one Turbotank, one AT-AP, two AT-RTs, the Swamp Speeder (if I can fit it in), and the Wookiee flyer - though I'd like to purchase a 2nd Wookiee flyer since the display IS representing Kashyyyk - which is why I also want Hasbro to make the Wookiee Catamaran - that last Wookiee vehicle being the final thing I'd add to this display (with Wookiees, Kashyyyk Scout Trooper Clones, and Battle Droids fighting in the infantry on the surface of course.

I haven't moved the display case for Kashyyyk home (out of storage) yet, but look forward to setting this one up and seeing what fits. It's the swamp speeder that I'm not a big fan of though I bought 2 - one is for Hondo Ohnaka's tank stand-in. A swamp speeder is (very remotely) similar to the vehicle JarJar crashes on Florrum.

Finally to close, I'm just not excited by toys as much as I used to be. I don't plan to open my gunship tonight. I've been working, editing my novel, and now I think I'll probably get ready for bed, but see if I don't want to go out to Denny's (it's after midnight). The gunship will have to wait.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've been wanting one to evaluate as a possible army-builder in Cobra colors for my Joe-verse.

Has anybody seen this wave of vehicles (Droid Gunship, Tri-Fighter, Xanadu Blood, Plo's Starfighter) at retail? I haven't seen any traces of them, so I'm wondering if I should order them from HTS or just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Has anybody seen this wave of vehicles (Droid Gunship, Tri-Fighter, Xanadu Blood, Plo's Starfighter) at retail? I haven't seen any traces of them, so I'm wondering if I should order them from HTS or just wait.
    Hadn't seen hide nor hair and since Target is jacking the prices up I figured what the heck and got the gunship on HTS and it arrived about a week after I ordered it. Honestly, it's a nice piece but it didn't blow me away.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Hmm. I ended up just getting them. They're on display at Toy Fair, but seem to be absent from the slideshow (along with any other vehicles in this price range). Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    A friend of mine saw the Xanadu Blood last week at a Target in MD, but he didn't metion the others.

oh mn i love the speratists my step-dd sez tht the did teh write thing lik the suth in usa. he sez th suth shuld have gotten independezy. he gve me a texas hat i love it.
    sumtimes ppl make a war and why is for? i dno think war cool,
    *LIKE IF YOU AGREE*

I finally saw this and the Tri-Fighter at Target today, and I've seen Xanadu Blood once or twice and Plo's Starfighter several times. At least they're finally getting out there.