Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's that thing behind Jerjerrod in ESB?

(And don't say Jerjerrod isn't in ESB. He has been since the whole "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival" was dropped in.)

I've tried to find a picture, and can't find one. (Plenty of shots of Jerjerrod in ESB, but always a frame too early or too late to show this thing.)

It's some sort of droid, and looks like it's about a foot and a half tall. Glossy black, and shaped almost like the EU Cloud Car toy from a few years back, only with less detailing. It's visible behind Jerjerrod for a split second, gliding in the direction of Vader's shuttle. Definitely not a mouse droid (as we see a clear shot of a mouse droid a bit earlier, and it's much smaller and blocky).

Anyone have anything?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

A screencap would be useful here, but I don't feel like digging out my DVDs, and I only have the original OT on my computer.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

dude arent there more important thigns in life that to talk about jerjerrod in enterprise service bus? it isnt even the best coding (perl)
    sumtimes ppl make a war and why is for? i dno think war cool,
    *LIKE IF YOU AGREE*

Uh... okay....

JT, I finally tracked down a YouTube video that shows it and got a couple of screen caps (albeit lousy quality). Whatever it is can be seen behind the column of Imperials about 3:00 into this video (which is almost guaranteed to not last long on YouTube), and still reminds me of nothing more than a small, black EU Cloud Car on wheels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thingy1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	24766   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thingy2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	24767  
    Tommy, close your eyes.

After seeing the photos and doing thirty seconds of research on Wookieepedia, it appears to be a giant mouse droid.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

This thing looks more streamlined than the giant mouse droid we see earlier in the same shot, though.

And thanks for being a smartarse. I often look for things under the names that I rule out immediately.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Weird one, yeah, that's probably that giant mouse droid, you can see its gazillion wheels in the video (the screenshot is too fuzzy and small to make out on its own, small videos are easier to make out when moving). What a weird thing!

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I brought this back up again because ESB was on Spike (a few times) yesterday. I asked my wife and brother-in-law about it, and showed them both pics of a mouse droid. They agreed it looks more rounded; Mrs Chux commented that it looked like it had a cockpit but was obviously too small for anyone to ride in.

I hate to sound obtuse, but it's far more noticeable in higher definition on a bigger screen. At first, it looks like it could be a giant mouse droid, but, if it is, it's got some surfaces that are rounded but aren't on the standard-size mouse droid.

And, really, if nerds came up with the name, shouldn't it be "Mouse Droid of Unusual Size"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Just have to be a pain in the butt, huh?

Here, I finally got out the SE dvds and grabbed screenshots, now we are done discussing this issue since it's CLEARLY the Giant Mouse Droid.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/g/pdvd023i.jpg/

ROUS wasn't that great once, not even in the book.

Anything from The Princess Bride is, by default, awesome. Even Fred Savage. And the movie is better! Nyah!

Seriously, the front surface doesn't look rather round for a Giant Mouse Droid to you? Especially in that last shot you posted?
    Tommy, close your eyes.