Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Article: Sideshow Collectibles' Commander Bly 12-inch Figure Photo Gallery And Pre-Or

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Looks really good, except for 2 things. First, the haircut on the character is wrong, although they also made this lazy mistake on the cartoon. Second, the crotch-stand being in his thigh armor is really weird.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Looks really good, except for 2 things. First, the haircut on the character is wrong, although they also made this lazy mistake on the cartoon. Second, the crotch-stand being in his thigh armor is really weird.
    I think he looks great. On the surface, he looks like a repaint of Rex, but looking closer, there are many striking differences, from the straps/ammo belts, the modified shoulder pauldrons, the different material for the kama and of course the head sculpt which actually shows a bit of an attitude along with those yellow face tats...also looks a bit older with that dash of grey in his hair, like he could've been one of the early clones.

JT...what is the "mistake" with the haircut? We never see him w/o a helmet in ROTS...and I don't remember what he looked like in the CW cartoon (was it "Jedi Crash" he was in?)...

As for the crotch-grabber...switching out the white rubber caps for black ones will make them almost disappear against the body suit....which presumably will be the knit one the recent clones have been featuring, not the pleather one shown in this proto...

I just hope the great detailing and the paint apps shown on this really good looking proto make it through production...

This is the realistic figure or a Clone Wars figure? He looks realistic to me (like he'd go with Cody). But you guys were comparing him to Capt. Rex, so I'm wondering.

I want to order a realisitc Bly.

Bly's hair was in the comics, it was fuller and thus seemed more distinctive, IMO. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bly

The stand is really supposed to go inside the armor? That's what my issue is, seems wrong.

Tycho, yes, all the armor designs they're doing for these Clones (all of them) are realistic style even if the paint wasn't, the animated armor is notably different and not appearing here. SSC's Rex is a realistic-styled armor clone with realistic-styled headsculpt as well.

I preordered the non-exclusive through SSG when I got home from Legoland's SW miniland grand opening on Thursday evening (I preordered it while on the phone with Tycho). That will be my first non-exclusive 12" figure in all the years I've been collecting this line. I just looked it up, it's the first 12" SSC figure I've preordered since February 20th, 2009!

Ah, I see what you mean by the hair...it's fuller, looking more like Jango than the military cut that most clones feature.

Whatever the cut...I'll just say it again...I hope te prod piece looks as good as the prototype...still anxiously awaiting Cody...

I got the notice yesterday that Bly is arriving at the US warehouse in the next 15 days, which means card-charging and shipping. I was going to cancel it as I really don't have $140 right now, but my mother says she'll cover the difference for my birthday, so I guess this really will be my first SSC non-exclusive figure - luckily I really don't care about the exclusivity of a STAND.

I cancelled my order for him and Gree when they announced Fett and IG-88.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I cancelled my order for him and Gree when they announced Fett and IG-88.
    IG-88 I'm not sure is worth the extremely high pricetag. It's a nice piece, but it's not 8 times nicer than the Hasbro one, and the blade is an exclusive which I think is totally messed up since the character wears it in the movie.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Looking forward to Bly...and yes, JT..I agree about IG-88's blade...should not have been the exclusive, considering it's "part" of the figure's appearance. Hate it when SS does that (remember Qui-Gon's poncho?). I put myself on the WL for IG's ex...if it happens, fine. If not...that's okay too. I'll post some shots of Bly here when he shows up my way...

Oh, and happy belated birthday, JT....