I received mine from HasbroToyShop earlier this week. The boxed vehicle seems a touch small for the $25 pricepoint, though once the fins are attached, there's a little more footprint to it.

The vehicle follows the Starfighter pricepoint's recent trend of no weathering on the paint, this is a very clean look, and the shiny smoke windscreen really adds a sharp look to the whole thing. There are 2 stickers pre-applied to the dashboard, on mine one is a little off but I suspect I would have done no better, they're pretty thin. There's deco on the various gimmicks to help give the ship a quality feel that the V-19 Torrent lacked. The ship oddly features 6 Jedi insignia, 2 big ones on the top front, 2 small ones on the headrests, and 2 on the fins.

The ship has no wheels, instead a few nubs and a fin on the underside. The streamlined hammerhead shape is not quite as sleek or as large as the one in the show, a little more square in the body. With the hidden missile launchers exposed by sliding out the sides of the hammerhead front, the width of the speeder looks quite a bit better, with the sleeker width to height ratio it should have. There's plenty of finer sculpted detailing, even on the insides of panels and such, and the cockpit has good details and a turning steering wheel.

The gimmicks start with the aforementioned hidden front missile launchers, these are the best because they make the ship look wider and sleeker, they have a lot of interior sculpting, the missiles can pass for laser blaster nubs and have decent detailing, and they're not easy to accidentally fire - they're designed so they can't fire when stowed, which is great.

The rest of the gimmicks though, I don't know about. The nacelle thrusters on the back fire the same missiles, which is a bit odd. The holes they leave don't look as good as having the missiles loaded. But they fire strongly and aren't easy to accidentally set off.

There's a sculpted droid slot, this is something Hasbro totally made up, but I guess R2 has to get around as well. Hasbro's FINALLY made a droid slot that works though, there's a sculpted lip to hold the feet in place. It works well for CW astromech figures, it's a little loose on mainline figures but they also stick way out the top so they don't look as good there. I wish they had created a plug to close this up, or something along those lines, because it's too obvious when you're not using a droid that it's a droid slot.

Behind the droid slot, 2 panels lift up to reveal a 2-man gunner station complete with attached, hinged rifles. There's a sculpted foot peg inside for each guy, and detail sculpting about. The panels come off a little too easily, and the guns don't fold flat enough to use this section nicely as just transport. The 2 missiles in the fin engines can be stowed in there though.

The fins are also hinged, but go up only, they're meant to be shields for the back gunners station but don't really add any significant cover, and mainly just look odd. It's also odd that a simple Jedi speeder would be this heavily armed, and with clone-manned anti-personnel blasters no less, but I guess Hasbro wanted to make something toyetic out of all this otherwise simple space.

Despite all the gimmicks, I do still feel like it's missing something else, something to put a real statement on the compromises made to the sleekness and size, not to mention the $25 pricepoint. It's not that it doesn't have "enough" gimmicks, it's that most of them don't hit the spot as well as the one in the front, and the ship isn't quite exciting enough by itself to pull off just that. If they had included a cover for the droid slot and a second canopy that covered the whole thing for space travel, this would be a home run (despite the forgettable gimmicks in the back).

I currently have season 3 Ahsoka driving, and she is a little short but can pull it off. CW R4-P17 is in the droid slot, very snug, but even with his shorter height than movie-line figs, he looms a little. The cockpit isn't too narrow for 2 figures, I just crammed CW space suit Anakin in the passenger seat and he fits fine (thankfully CW figs have narrower shoulders, so there's enough room to look comfortable), but I don't know how a lesser-articulated figure of that height would look, it'd probably stick up above the windscreen a bit high.

All in all, this is a decent little set, but not a home run. I enjoy it, it's fun to whoosh around, and it holds figures and has weapons and detailing, but at times it does feel like it could be even more.