Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SW.com shutting down their forums?

According to SW.com author Pablo Hidalgo, the official Star Wars site is shuttering their forums at the end of this month and deleting them at the beginning of June:
    http://forums.starwars.com/ann.jspa?annID=3

That is utterly shocking to me, a new low for Lucasfilm's disinterest in fostering the fan community. And to drop such a significant bomb on those fans with so little time to do anything is entirely unfair to them.

That said, SSG was here before the SW.com forums, and now we'll be here after too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I didn't even know they had forums on there... and what an ugly layout.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

SON OF A...!!!

Tommy, close your eyes.

Maybe they'll replace them with a George Lucas blog. That way, we'll know the TRUTH, instead of fan falsehood.

I just hope they don't get rid of the captions contest. I'm gonna get me a selection on their new site layout someday!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I really never used the forums there . . . which I guess is part of the problem. That's too bad for people who liked posting there, though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That said, SSG was here before the SW.com forums, and now we'll be here after too.
    Although there was that brief little sojourn with SWCollecting.com

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Although there was that brief little sojourn with SWCollecting.com
    Well, we certainly have made up for that brief stint with prior uptime.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have a few posts over there, but once I drifted away, I forgot my username and password plus I have so many other things to keep me busy. Oh well.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    I have a few posts over there, but once I drifted away, I forgot my username and password plus I have so many other things to keep me busy. Oh well.
    Your user name was "StarWarsFan," and your password was "1 2 3 4." You're welcome.

I had never changed my password, but when I went to log in, it'd tell me it was wrong. I changed it back each time; same deal. Loverly... especially considering what I chose for it.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Apparently, Steve Sansweet was dismayed at this announcement as well. He didn't think it was a good move... according to an interview with him on Star Wars Action News' podcast last week.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**