Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by JediTricks
    JJB, I'm afraid I can't afford the DVDs of any series, much as I would love to have DVD collections of: Farscape, Star Trek, ST:TNG, Babylon 5, and of course the Star Wars OOT. Heck, right now, I don't even have spare funds to RENT them . Thanks for the recommendations though, I'll keep it in mind for when I can afford such things.
    Understandable, I had to cut my DVD purchases back as well, thanks to Hasbro jumping the ammount of figures released. Not to mention saving up for the ET and LOTR's sets for the end of the year. Keep an eye on them, since season 2 is coming out on DVD now, I expect them to drop in price again. The extra footage is well worth it. Definatly worth owning, again IMHO.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

How much extra footage is there for season 1?

Oh, and to everybody reading, just because I didn't mention Stargate SG-1 doesn't mean it's not also really good, I really enjoy it even though I came in super-late on syndication. And now it's moved to SFC as well, hopefully it won't die a quick death there (although SFC has had a really awful track record on this issue besides Farscape).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's usually around 5 minutes or so per episode. Most of it is personal interaction between the crew. Though there has been a few special effect and action scenes that were edited for the American version. I'll have to see if I can dig up what the differences are.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JT, is there any way for us to see the thread #, or is it just available to mods? I found it almost by accident, I was doing some mining thru the Gen Disc forum and the title reminded me of that promo and JJB's enthusiasm over the show. Odd thing was that JJB hadn't posted in this thread back in August!

Ooh, Babylon 5. I remember watching a few episodes when it first started (when was that? I think I remember being . . . maybe a high school sophomore - '93/'94 ? ). Anyway, I never got into it. But I will take these recomendations into consideration next time I come across the show.

DVD purchases - I haven't bought one since several weeks before 4/23. And I don't know yet what my next buy will be, but MAN does that ST: TNG set look tempting! I was drooling in the aisle at Best Buy just looking at it, thinking of how much I liked that show. Plus I know they are going to crank them out season by season fairly quickly, I just hope they stay available for awhile. I'd like to buy them eventually.

Thread numbers - look at the "thread ID" at the end of the URL of a thread, this one's URL looks like this: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...=&threadid=441
    so as you can see, the "thread ID" (written as "threadid=441") is #441.

Don't let that confuse you with post IDs, which are pretty much the same thing... just for posts instead of threads.

Babylon 5 did come out about then, in the syndicated PTEN along with "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues" and the 2nd incarnation of "Viper"... and maybe some other stuff that I can't remember. The syndicated time slot varied so much that it was impossible to get a following... but it did.

Yeah, the TNG and TOS dvds were calling my name yesterday at Fry's electronics. When TNG season 3 comes out, I'm gonna be in biiiiiiiiig trouble.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I am still waiting for them to release the episodes of B5 on DVD. I am happy with the movies, but I want oooooo so much more.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    I am still waiting for them to release the episodes of B5 on DVD. I am happy with the movies, but I want oooooo so much more.
    Wait no longer, ok...maybe a lil longer. The First Season DVD boxset is scheduled for fall. Man, fall is getting really expensive for DVD's this year. Check out this thread.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&postid=106985

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DVD madness! I thought B5's first season was already on DVD, and there was some problem with Warner Bros about DVD when the Sci-Fi Channel started airing the widescreen editions.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    DVD madness! I thought B5's first season was already on DVD, and there was some problem with Warner Bros about DVD when the Sci-Fi Channel started airing the widescreen editions.
    Nope, the series has been out for sometime overseas, but the only thing that Region 1/North America has gotten was the first 2 babylon 5 movies a few months ago. The syndication rights were one of the major hurdles, to bringing it to DVD though.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks