Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

ADV to Release 1st Season Boxset

After originally saying that they weren't going to release a season boxset, since the cost would be so high. ADV has decided to bundle the 11 discs currently out into a new season boxset after all. Hopefully they will make the keep cases and slipcase box avaliable to people that already purchased the series. This info from Thedigitalbits.com.

Also, ADV has announced the DVD release of a Farscape: Season One box set to street on 10/29 (SRP $149.98). The set will feature all 22 episodes on 11 discs, packaged in 6 keep cases with a newly-designed slipcase box. Extras include episode commentaries, conceptual drawings, video profiles. Note that these are the same discs already available individually.

And if you just want the best of Farscape's first season, you can buy... you guessed it... Farscape: The Best of Season One on 7/9 (SRP $44.98). The 3-disc set includes 6 featured episodes along with select special features.

On the other hand, if you're like me and you'd rather just get on with the business of the show's second season on DVD, you can pick up Farscape: Season Two, Volume One (SRP $39.98 - available now) - a 2-disc set containing the first 4 episodes of the season, along with deleted scenes and other bonus material. I'm hoping ADV picks up the pace a little with season two... just a suggestion. It took FOREVER to get season one out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Jonna
    Hey JarJarBinks, I really want to get this, but $150 is to rich for my blood. How is the Best of... Any extra stuff on the DVDs?

Originally posted by Jonna
    Hey JarJarBinks, I really want to get this, but $150 is to rich for my blood. How is the Best of... Any extra stuff on the DVDs?
    Well, with pre-orders It will likely be more like $80, I'm betting. The X-Files sets have a MRP of around the same, and you can get them by pre-order for around $80. As for the features of the Best of set, lemme pull them up. This may take a while.

Ok, it contains the following episodes from Season 1. "Premiere," "DNA Mad Scientist," "A Human Reaction," "Nerve," "The Hidden Memory," and "Family Ties" All the episodes are the extended UK versions, with a couple extra minutes. There is some extra features, and two of the episodes in the set feature Audio Commentary. There are also other extra features, but I'm having trouble finding complete specs for the set online at the moment.

Update: Ok, I finally found somemore info:

Best of Season One DVD

Release Date: 9 July 2002 Region Available: US
    Released by: ADV Films MSRP: $44.99

ADV FILMS bring you the former BLOCKBUSTER exclusive, not available at retail! Now you can get the absolute best episodes from the first season of your favorite SCI FI Channel series in one collection with the FARSCAPE: BEST OF SEASON ONE DVD set!

This three disc set chronicles the greatest moments from the award-winning science-fiction epic with six episodes personally hand-picked by FARSCAPE series creator Rockne O'Bannon. Each disc is also loaded with a ton of fantastic DVD extras to keep you riveted to your television set long after the show is over.

DVD One features:
    "Premiere"
    "DNA Mad Scientist"
    The documentary "Making of a Space Opera"
    "Premiere" commentary

DVD Two features:
    "A Human Reaction"
    "Nerve"
    Video profiles of:
    - John Crichton
    - Aeryn Sun
    - Zotoh Zhaan

DVD Three features:
    "The Hidden Memory"
    "Family Ties"
    Video profiles:
    - D'Argo
    - Rygel
    - Pilot & Moya
    - Chiana
    "Family Ties" commentary

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 06-28-2002 at 05:38 PM.

Jonna
    Thanks much, JarJar!

Man, they need to pick a direction and stick to it for even a MINUTE. I'm sorta glad I'm not buying tv series DVDs right now, this situation would drive me noots.

BTW, can't wait for the new ep toniiiiiiiight!!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    BTW, can't wait for the new ep toniiiiiiiight!!!!
    Me either, the show has gotten off to a great start so far this season. Though I wonder after last weeks episode, if we really have seen the last of Scorpius or not. I'll put the spoiler comments in silver, just hightlight to read.

After all, he wasn't dead when they shot him and shoved him into the grave. He's pretty strong, so I wonder if it's possible that he could have dug his way out. The grave is pretty shallow.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

There's no question in my mind as to that, IMO, we haven't.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey JT, and other fans of the show. Something thats mentioned in one of the Audio commentaries on the DVD's struck me as funny, and I decided to see what you guys think. They mentioned that the Prowlers are 2 seater ships. But often you see in the first two seasons that Aeryn, Crichton, and Dargo all supposedly ride in the prowler at the same time. So where exactly are they sticking Dargo, in the trunk of the ship?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 07-04-2002 at 05:14 PM.

Heh heh, I think they do the same thing with Crichton's module.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Heh heh, I think they do the same thing with Crichton's module.
    That started to bother me also, but not as much as 3 in the prowler. I know the module is a small ship, but then all of a sudden Crichton and Aryan are riding around in it, and then Crichton and Scorpious. Here I thought it was this experimental 1 seater space craft. I know the actual ship design is based of of NASA's escape shuttle for the International Space Station. So maybe it is a 2 seater. It just never seamed like one before it was shown that way in "Till the Blood Runs Clear".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks