Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Jonna
    Watch your tongue, boy! I can take a lot of abuse, but don't bad mouth Farscape until you can say that you have watched it.

I'm just browsing through this thread grabbing spoilers for the season we haven't had over here yet and yes, I agree with JJB for once.

I have no idea how Farscape shapes up so this is a really interesting thread so far. I'm completely bafled now. It only really works if you then get to see the episodes you guys have talked about and we probably won't get this until the fall or next year.
    I can see why they'd get rid of Crais. He served no purpose. He got so soft and squishy as a character it was a sad state of affairs. Much better to soften Scorpy a little to replace him as the character not to be trusted. Scorpy offers more room to manouvre with layer upon layer of untapped depths. Crais got pretty one dimensional as far as I could tell.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    I can see why they'd get rid of Crais. He served no purpose. He got so soft and squishy as a character it was a sad state of affairs. Much better to soften Scorpy a little to replace him as the character not to be trusted. Scorpy offers more room to manouvre with layer upon layer of untapped depths. Crais got pretty one dimensional as far as I could tell.
    Yeah, as soon as he stopped hunting John his intrest factor started to die. Then he was helping them out all the time, and being accepted by the crew. He was becoming way to buddy buddy with everyone. The changes to his charecter, was the worst plot development the show ever took.

I just hope they don't do the same to Scorpy. I've liked his charecter from the moment he turned up, and I don't want to see him get the wishy-washy treatment as well. Things are going to be weird on the show now. With Scorpy being a member of the crew, and John still having a mental clone of Scory in his head. I hope the show doesn't turn into all Scorpy, all the time.

Actually, this could lead to an intresting plotline, with John's mental clone trying to take over again. And the real Scorpy telling John that he can help purge his mind of the clone. Then you have John trying to figure out if Scorpy is really serious about helping or not. Perhaps this could be a good change after all, if it's handled right.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Scorpy is s darn cool. best Scorpy moment was the hallucination of him as a jazz band. Seeing him sit there on the drums was just too weird. but that's when Scorpy works best I think. When we see him how John sees him in his head. That's when Scorpy is the most interesting and weird. Scorpy as Scorpy is just another pantomime bad guy really. But seeing John wrestle with his sanity and the Scorpy inside will be fun to carry on with as long as Ben browder doesn't overdo the ugly faces. I feel sure that one day his eyes will just pop right out of his head when he does that ugly face thing when he's in pain. shocking.

Has Rygel gone soft too? he seemed to be getting too melancholic and sympathetic to me.... Best Rygel moment ever for me was him sitting in the gun emplacement letting rip to cover the butts of Aryn and John while the modified the copy of Johns ship with the wormhole bomb. Hehehe that was fun.

I was just posting an opinion...sorry if it ticked you off. And Jar Jar, I really haven't seen any of those things I mentioned.

So why post here just to tell us that? It's quite obviously a thread started by and posted in by fans of farscape. If you aren't a fan why post? The only thing it does is draw attention to yourself which is obviously what you desire. But the net result of that is that it ultimately does nothing to engender a feeling of goodwill toward you.
    If you now go and watch a little farscape and attempt to formulate an opinion that consists of more than 'it's crap' you might get more of a response.
    These guys are more clued up than me but at least I can have a conversation with them having at least a passing knowledge of what they're talking about.
    I don't want you to reply to this deadeye, I want you to go and watch farscape and think about what you watch for a while and then come back and try again. Do something more constructive than simply post a thousand times for the sake of posting a thousand times.
    And you can stop attempting to ire JarJar. It seems to me that that was your only motive in posting in this thread. You think it's fun to provoke. Fun for you but boring for us.

Jonna
    How far behind in the show are you Jargo? Just this season so far?

The sad part is, that the UK actually gets the DVD releases quicker. They are at the end of the 3rd season over there now, if I recall correctly. Where as us in the states just got the first 4 episodes of Season 2. So they get the short end of the stick when it comes to the show being broadcast, but they get the DVD releases quicker.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yeah and the bummer is that i don't have a DVD player BBC2 show it but every time there's a marginal sport event like ladies beermat hurling or synchronised belching or something equally dire, they shove the show around in the schedules and I missed a lot of season two. I was completely lost for a while. I have to say that I really jumped for joy after John died and Aryn went back to being the hard cold b*tch. The lovey dovey angle was a bit poor. She's so much cooler when she's angry all the time. And suspicious. I hope they reshow the second season before the new one starts so I can catch up.
    I keep trying to get my partner to go for a DVD player but so far my pleas for new toys have fallen on deaf ears. Maybe this xmas I'll get lucky and go out and get the whole thing on disk and have a week of nothing but farscape

Is it true that you get an edited version? Shorter than the episodes we get. I saw that the DVD had extra footage and assumed it was new stuff edited out for UK tv. The show goes out at 6pm so I thought maybe it was the more violent bits they cut out for family viewing or something. But it's actually you who gets the edited version then?

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Is it true that you get an edited version? Shorter than the episodes we get. I saw that the DVD had extra footage and assumed it was new stuff edited out for UK tv. The show goes out at 6pm so I thought maybe it was the more violent bits they cut out for family viewing or something. But it's actually you who gets the edited version then?
    Our episodes are a little bit shorter, because or TV stations show more commercials. So they cut about 2-3 minutes out of the show to add in more commercials. Luckily the DVD's have included the uncut UK versions. But it seems that with season 2, they included them on the discs as deleted scenes instead.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks