Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question If Mace is the Head of the council then what is Yoda's position... ?

Ditto as the above question...

I just assumed Yoda was the head of all things Jedi related. I did not know it was Mace. Is this true?
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Mace is the head of all council affairs, though really the members are equal. Yoda however oversees training of the children until they reach an age to be tutored by a Master as a padawan.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well I'll be damned. I did not know that. You learn something new each and everyday
    Do or do not. There is no try.

I knew it, but never really understood why. It would make much more sense for Yoda to be the head of the Jedi Coucil seeing as he is the oldest and has more knowledge than the rest of the Jedi. Mace is fairly young, compared to Yoda anyways, to be in that position of power. Before I found out about Mace being the head, I assumed it was Yoda due to the way he is addressed in EP I. Qui-Gon addresses all of his comments to Yoda and even Yoda is the one who replies the most to all of the questions asked.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Here's more information from the Website: www.episode-x.com

Mace Windu: As the head of the High Jedi Council Mace Windu is often in contact with the Republic's Supreme Chancellor, aiding Palpatine with his wisdom. When Yoda is uneasy and senses a big disturbance in the force, Mace assigns Obi-Wan Kenobi to protect Senator Amidala, who has been the target of an assassination attempt. Mace Windu uses Form 7 lightsaber technique when fighting.

Yoda : The respected Jedi master Yoda still holds his seat within the High Jedi Council on Coruscant. Yoda, with his old age undoubtedly one of the most experienced Jedi ever, trains every single aspiring Jedi infant in the ways of the force before they become Padawan learners under their own master. In a time when the Galactic Republic is shaken by chain of secessions of star systems, Yoda senses much graver danger imminent.

I guess it makes sense that they would want someone about the same size as a toddler to teach the Jedi Children.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 03-04-2002 at 05:11 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Cool thanx for the replies guys...

So I guess Mace is like the speaker for the council...
    While I figure Yoda is the President to overrule any decision...

What is Yoda's position?

Um, that would be the missionary wouldn't it........?

I always took it that mace was the executive vice president while Yoda was the president. yoda has the final say but can be over ruled on policy and financial points and political by mace. yoda is head of the educational and training programme much like a headmaster really by all accounts. And i suppose that each of the other jedi masters simply take care of either a branch of the jedi mission somewhere remote or they simply take care of their respective padawan. So I suppose Yoda is technically the top guy but mace is the most powerful in terms of the overall running of the jedi order.
    Last edited by Jargo; 03-05-2002 at 03:16 PM.

I knew it, don't like the idea of Yoda not being the big boss, and just ignore it. I think of it as i like it.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Yoda is a muppet.
    Lucas: "Stop that, my hands are dirty."

Rick: "So are mine."

Long Live Yaddle.

Star Wars Episode III: McCallum's Revenge aka "It's freakin' awesome!"